Poor woman victim of animal mob

WalkedUp

I've given this one considerable thought.  

I'm a supporter of fox hunting ,  and although my knowledge of horses doesn't amount to much ,  I know that horses can be pretty tough animals  ,  and that a slap and a kick , wouldn't do any physical damage to a horse ,  but ,  I also know that kicking and slapping a already unsteady horse ,  really isn't going to help the situation much . 

The way things are going ,  any kind of fox hunting ,  in any form ,  will soon be completely banned ,  and the hunting fraternity will have the likes of this woman to thank for it . How daft (or arrogant)do you  have to be ,  to react in the way that she did ,  in the full knowledge that antis are watching and filming your actions . The argument can be made that the antis didn't film the circumstances leading to her slapping and kicking the horse ,  but the fact remains that she did slap and kick the horse . 

The greatest shame ,  is that many thousands of hunt fans ,  that love their horses ,  and stick rigidly the letter of the law,   will lose their sport because of the actions of a few thoughtless individuals. 

My thoughts on the woman as a teacher are a little uncomfortable.  I'm not sure that someone that lashes out in the way that she did ,  is the right type of person to be looking after children . We all know how testing children can be at times , and that loss of self control (even for a couple of seconds) isn't acceptable. 

My thoughts on antis ,  and their methods,   are well known . They're a despicable bunch of scum ,  and it's about time that the law dealt with them accordingly. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so if you had a dog chased a hare and nearly ended up on a road and you got hold of it scruffed it and shouted a few things at it but you just had the last bit filmed and then your name put out there, your address and we’re suspended from work and started getting death threats due to trial by media would you think it was justified?  

59 minutes ago, al4x said:

Ok so if you had a dog chased a hare and nearly ended up on a road and you got hold of it scruffed it and shouted a few things at it but you just had the last bit filmed and then your name put out there, your address and we’re suspended from work and started getting death threats due to trial by media would you think it was justified?  

She didn't scruff it,   she slapped and kicked it ,  a pointless exercise,   that would only make the situation worse .

No right thinking person would ever suggest that the actions of the antis is acceptable ,  or justified ,  however ,  given her violent outburst ,  her suitability as a teacher deserves closer scrutiny ,  from those more qualified than ,  me ,  you ,  or , the antis.

Blaming the antis for all the ills of fox hunting isn't the answer   .  I'm in full agreement that some of the antis actions are disgusting ,  and should be dealt with by all legal means ,  but fox hunting needs to cut off the supply of ammunition to the antis ,  by cleaning up its act ,  and stop trying to justify the wrongdoings  .

I'm very much a supporter of fox hunting ,  and I have several friends that hunt .  I love to see the hounds work through my woodland when I'm there ,  and I think it would be a crying shame for hunting to be done away with forever  .

13 hours ago, Wymondley said:

The clip showed a woman losing her temper and taking it out on a defenceless animal.

People who can't control themselves and lash out like that are just as likely to do it to humans...And she's a primary school teacher!

Aside from that, what kind of example is she setting for the children, that it's OK to kick and slap?

She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children or anim9als.

Just as well driving birds into a line of waiting guns.or attracting pigeons into the range of a shotgun trapping wild animals to sit in cages for hours terrified until someone comes to kill them all of which could not possibly be termed in any way cruel.the hunt master should deal with this woman.a lot has changed since my day at school where the teacher would give you six or sometimes twelve strikes with a cane for wrongs.but look around and see just how society has become much better for it.

I just amuse that all the people baying for the woman to be burnt alive (etc) have all the usual sticker print ‘Be Kind’ and ‘Don’t Judge’ nonsense plastered all over their social media pages.

On the average local Facey discussion page there’s always going to be a clip of some scum bag doing something particularly awful and nasty, and the modern phenomenon is for everyone to go with ‘he/she could have a mental health problem, and so we shouldn’t judge’ or ‘he/she could be autistic, on medication / drugs’ and followed with what these people need is our sympathy and understanding.

But, upper / posh lady from the Range Rover set cuffing a horse, and the world unites and loses its mind 😆

I’d be interested to know how people on here have reacted to their dog rolling in fox poo for example? What about shouting ‘no, don’t you dare, NO NO NO! As the dog meets your gaze, hears your words and then shoulder drops into stinking pile of poo’’. Anyone here want to own up to being less than happy with their best friend for that? 😆

For crying out loud! She lost it for a second or two! Does that mean she loses her job? Get a grip folk please! 
As I’ve mentioned before, if some of our teachers had been filmed during the brief spells they ‘lost it’ and then spread on social media, our school would have empty!

A bloke on a shoot I used to beat on would flog his errant springer when it totally ignored his return commands. Someone pointed out to him that him flogging it when it eventually did return probably wasn’t helping the situation, and that perhaps he should try rewarding it instead. I’ve no doubt that if he’s been filmed and it put on social media, you’d be clamouring for his kids to be taken into care! 😀

We’re all holier than thou when it comes to pointing an accusing finger; she lost her rag for a couple of seconds and we’ve all got her fired!
We go around killing stuff for fun….what does that say about us! 

27 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I just amuse that all the people baying for the woman to be burnt alive (etc) have all the usual sticker print ‘Be Kind’ and ‘Don’t Judge’ nonsense plastered all over their social media pages.

On the average local Facey discussion page there’s always going to be a clip of some scum bag doing something particularly awful and nasty, and the modern phenomenon is for everyone to go with ‘he/she could have a mental health problem, and so we shouldn’t judge’ or ‘he/she could be autistic, on medication / drugs’ and followed with what these people need is our sympathy and understanding.

But, upper / posh lady from the Range Rover set cuffing a horse, and the world unites and loses its mind 😆

I’d be interested to know how people on here have reacted to their dog rolling in fox poo for example? What about shouting ‘no, don’t you dare, NO NO NO! As the dog meets your gaze, hears your words and then shoulder drops into stinking pile of poo’’. Anyone here want to own up to being less than happy with their best friend for that? 😆

She didn't cuff it,   she lost her temper then slapped and kicked it. A totally pointless exercise,   that made her look pretty bad . She's the Burnley dave of the equine world🙂.

My jack Russell didn't roll in fox ***** . He would eat them ,  then puke them somewhere around the house 😝.

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

For crying out loud! She lost it for a second or two! Does that mean she loses her job? Get a grip folk please! 
As I’ve mentioned before, if some of our teachers had been filmed during the brief spells they ‘lost it’ and then spread on social media, our school would have empty!

A bloke on a shoot I used to beat on would flog his errant springer when it totally ignored his return commands. Someone pointed out to him that him flogging it when it eventually did return probably wasn’t helping the situation, and that perhaps he should try rewarding it instead. I’ve no doubt that if he’s been filmed and it put on social media, you’d be clamouring for his kids to be taken into care! 😀

We’re all holier than thou when it comes to pointing an accusing finger; she lost her rag for a couple of seconds and we’ve all got her fired!
We go around killing stuff for fun….what does that say about us! 

For me ,  the losing her rag is the worrying part . She lost control and lashed out violently . Whilst I wouldn't say that she deserves to lose her job , and she certainly doesn't deserve death threats ,  her behaviour certainly needs some consideration ,  from someone that has a good understanding of her behaviour. 

I had mostly decent teachers at school,   but hidden amongst their ranks were several violent aggressive bullies ,  and at least one paedophile . I've seen teachers punch children and draw blood ,  I've also seen two teachers attack children with sticks (when they just lost it for a second) . 

I'm all for corporal punishment in school ,  but in very controlled circumstances,   and under close scrutiny,   but never ,  lashing out in anger.

A teacher losing it for a second and lashing out in anger ,  is no different to a police officer ,  or doorman ,  or asda shelf stacker ,  lashing out in anger . Yes It happens ,  but it's not acceptable. 

48 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

She didn't cuff it,   she lost her temper then slapped and kicked it. A totally pointless exercise,   that made her look pretty bad . She's the Burnley dave of the equine world🙂.

My jack Russell didn't roll in fox ***** . He would eat them ,  then puke them somewhere around the house 😝.

For me ,  the losing her rag is the worrying part . She lost control and lashed out violently . Whilst I wouldn't say that she deserves to lose her job , and she certainly doesn't deserve death threats ,  her behaviour certainly needs some consideration ,  from someone that has a good understanding of her behaviour. 

I had mostly decent teachers at school,   but hidden amongst their ranks were several violent aggressive bullies ,  and at least one paedophile . I've seen teachers punch children and draw blood ,  I've also seen two teachers attack children with sticks (when they just lost it for a second) . 

I'm all for corporal punishment in school ,  but in very controlled circumstances,   and under close scrutiny,   but never ,  lashing out in anger.

A teacher losing it for a second and lashing out in anger ,  is no different to a police officer ,  or doorman ,  or asda shelf stacker ,  lashing out in anger . Yes It happens ,  but it's not acceptable. 

I could understand the backlash if she had a history of beating her pupils, but unless she has, all she is guilty of is being human, and we’re all guilty of that.
I can only assume no one on here has lost it for a few seconds at some point.  

55 minutes ago, Scully said:

I could understand the backlash if she had a history of beating her pupils, but unless she has, all she is guilty of is being human, and we’re all guilty of that.
I can only assume no one on here has lost it for a few seconds at some point.  

Nobody knows better than the young Melb3 how easy it is to just lash out ,  and regret it later .

I'm not saying that she should lose her job ,  but somebody really should be asking if she's a suitable person for it. If she'd lost her temper and lashed out verbally,   that's one thing ,  but lashing out with hands and feet is a very different thing.  The fact that she did it in front of antis with cameras ,  shows that she'd gone past reasoning and good sense ,  even if it was only for a few seconds.

On the usefulness of her actions ,  it would be very interesting to hear from old farrier.  He's an honest and intelligent man ,  with plenty of experience of dealing with horses ,  that might not always be particularly cooperative. 

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Nobody knows better than the young Melb3 how easy it is to just lash out ,  and regret it later .

I'm not saying that she should lose her job ,  but somebody really should be asking if she's a suitable person for it. If she'd lost her temper and lashed out verbally,   that's one thing ,  but lashing out with hands and feet is a very different thing.  The fact that she did it in front of antis with cameras ,  shows that she'd gone past reasoning and good sense ,  even if it was only for a few seconds.

On the usefulness of her actions ,  it would be very interesting to hear from old farrier.  He's an honest and intelligent man ,  with plenty of experience of dealing with horses ,  that might not always be particularly cooperative. 

You’re not the only one to have lashed out, which is exactly my point. 
Horse experts can contribute til the cows come home, ( I’m no expert but have quite a bit of experience of horses ) but it’s pointless as it’s not about the horse, it’s about the woman. 

On a slightly different tangent, when your sport is under threat, or as in the case with hunting with hounds, legally gone, you need to be holier than thou, if a shooter had lost control while holding a proven unloaded firearm would be be defending them, because I wouldn't due to the reputational damage to our sport, public perception is everything,theres an argument its even more important for fox hunting considering its banned and people want to bring it back. 

I believe the reaction to her outburst has gone way over the top.

That said, if a shotgun licence holder had been filmed doing that, do you think he / she would retain their licence? I think it would be gone, because it shows a lack of control. Many people lose it in a small or big way at some point in their life, but when you are being filmed by people who hate your guts, you will come to regret it.

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

You’re not the only one to have lashed out, which is exactly my point. 
Horse experts can contribute til the cows come home, ( I’m no expert but have quite a bit of experience of horses ) but it’s pointless as it’s not about the horse, it’s about the woman. 

I'd be very interested to hear the opinion of a horse expert.  It could indicate that her actions were worthwhile,   or that she's a complete dumbxxx ,  that has caused herself ,  and the whole hunting community ,  a whole world of grief ,  for no better reason than she spat her dummy out ,  and couldn't control her violent nature.

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I'd be very interested to hear the opinion of a horse expert.  It could indicate that her actions were worthwhile,   or that she's a complete dumbxxx ,  that has caused herself ,  and the whole hunting community ,  a whole world of grief ,  for no better reason than she spat her dummy out ,  and couldn't control her violent nature.

This is exactly what I mean! We don’t even know she has a ‘violent nature’! It could be a one off isolated incident! We just don’t know! None of us know her and none of us were there! 
We really shouldn’t be surprised when others judge us, as shooters really, should we, with some of the attitudes on here? 
What I mean about ‘it’s not about the horse’, is that the reaction would have been the same if it had been a dog. It’s not about the animal, it’s about her. 

This Lady will have done it before but not on film. Those with dogs, or some of them at least, will have smacked their dogs, again not on film.

I will not call for the Lady to be flogged to death or thraped by the holier than thou participants in this thread.  She shouldn't have done it and she is paying the penalty.

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

This is exactly what I mean! We don’t even know she has a ‘violent nature’! It could be a one off isolated incident! We just don’t know! None of us know her and none of us were there! 
We really shouldn’t be surprised when others judge us, as shooters really, should we, with some of the attitudes on here? 
What I mean about ‘it’s not about the horse’, is that the reaction would have been the same if it had been a dog. It’s not about the animal, it’s about her. 

You did see the video of her kicking and slapping the horse didn't you scully ?.

She may not have done it before ,  and it's a pretty safe bet that she'll never do it again (at least while anyone is watching ) , but their is no doubt whatsoever that she was violent towards the horse on that occasion. 

As I've already said several times ,  I support hunting ,  but she's done herself,  and the hunting community,   no favours at all.

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

On a slightly different tangent, when your sport is under threat, or as in the case with hunting with hounds, legally gone, you need to be holier than thou, if a shooter had lost control while holding a proven unloaded firearm would be be defending them, because I wouldn't due to the reputational damage to our sport, public perception is everything,theres an argument its even more important for fox hunting considering its banned and people want to bring it back. 

Hunting with hounds has been banned, hound packs haven’t, nor trail hunting. 
You’re clutching at straws now by likening this to someone losing it with a gun, she didn’t, she lost it with a horse. We’re heading for hysteria here! 

14 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

You did see the video of her kicking and slapping the horse didn't you scully ?.

She may not have done it before ,  and it's a pretty safe bet that she'll never do it again (at least while anyone is watching ) , but their is no doubt whatsoever that she was violent towards the horse on that occasion. 

As I've already said several times ,  I support hunting ,  but she's done herself,  and the hunting community,   no favours at all.

No, I haven’t watched it, I just can’t be bothered. I don’t need to watch it to know she did it. I’m not denying she did it nor defending her. She was an idiot, and like you say, done no one any favours at all, especially herself. 
If I were interested in hunting I’d be just as annoyed as I get when I hear about a ‘keeper killing a raptor, but as far as I’m aware she hasn’t even been prosecuted. 🤷‍♂️
Has she been prosecuted, or likely to be? Even if she were, should she lose her career over  it? I think not. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

No, I haven’t watched it, I just can’t be bothered. I don’t need to watch it to know she did it. I’m not denying she did it nor defending her. She was an idiot, and like you say, done no one any favours at all, especially herself. 
If I were interested in hunting I’d be just as annoyed as I get when I hear about a ‘keeper killing a raptor, but as far as I’m aware she hasn’t even been prosecuted. 🤷‍♂️
Has she been prosecuted, or likely to be? Even if she were, should she lose her career over  it? I think not. 

We're in complete agreement on most of that scully.

I don't think that she's been prosecuted,  and I wouldn't know if it would even be considered serious enough to prosecute . 

I don't think that she should lose her career until the incident has been fully investigated,   by people that know  much more about this kind of behaviour than I do . As things  stand ,  she's already caused a world of grief for herself and her family ,  and scumbag antis will probably mither them all for years to come.

You should give the video a quick look scully 👍.

I still say some of you need to forget who filmed this and where, I think you're letting this "she's one of us" idea cloud your view.

Go watch the video again, but this time imagine it was a fat bloke in a vest from the traveling community, then see if you'd still be so defensive.

Edited by Wymondley

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Hunting with hounds has been banned, hound packs haven’t, nor trail hunting. 
You’re clutching at straws now by likening this to someone losing it with a gun, she didn’t, she lost it with a horse. We’re heading for hysteria here! 

Like I said hunting with hounds is banned and public perception matters. Nothing in slightest hysterical about that. 

38 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

I still say some of you need to forget who filmed this and where, I think you're letting this "she's one of us" idea cloud your view.

Go watch the video again, but this time imagine it was a fat bloke in a vest from the traveling community, then see if you'd still be so defensive.

It wasn’t a fat bloke in a vest though, or someone losing it with a shotgun.
You can make all the comparisons you like, but none have any relevance to it. 
It can only be judged for what it is. 
Like I’ve said, I’m not defending her at all, simply trying to keep a modicum of rationality about it all. 

24 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Like I said hunting with hounds is banned and public perception matters. Nothing in slightest hysterical about that. 

Was she involved in an illegal hunt, or a legal trail hunt? 
If the latter then your first paragraph has no relevance.