Browning Prosport pitting to action

steve1066

On 13/11/2021 at 14:42, Graham M said:

Funnily enough the whole face seems to be affected to a certain degree but mainly at the top.

I wonder if browning are starting to have quality control issues, because a friend who has a new 725 has just shown me his gun where the right-hand ejector has completely ejected itself from the gun. The ejector retaining pin has unscrewed itself allowing the whole thing to shoot out with the cartridge. Looking through the web this seems to be happening to quite a few of these guns

Browning Ejector Retaining Screw Part No. B1334114

https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/browning-725-ejector-retaining-pin-screw-popped-off.846343/

Graham this has happened to my 725 spotter 1 my gun man has the parts in stock as it’s a common occurrence!

He recommends always catching your empties as it Guards Against having to buy an ejector arm rather than just a retaining screw !

also my 725 had a replacement foreend ( the trap foreend is thicker )

to the opening post that looks like a contaminated metal pour into cast or failed post machining surface treatment ! As it seems where the barrels sit - do you store you gun built ? Looks a bit like dissimilar metal corrosion possible due to failed treatment? All theory I guess 

my 725 has had about 15,000 shells through it in my ownership in all weathers and is spotless around that area

Agriv8

6 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Graham this has happened to my 725 spotter 1 my gun man has the parts in stock as it’s a common occurrence!

He recommends always catching your empties as it Guards Against having to buy an ejector arm rather than just a retaining screw !

also my 725 had a replacement foreend ( the trap foreend is thicker )

to the opening post that looks like a contaminated metal pour into cast or failed post machining surface treatment ! As it seems where the barrels sit - do you store you gun built ? Looks a bit like dissimilar metal corrosion possible due to failed treatment? All theory I guess 

my 725 has had about 15,000 shells through it in my ownership in all weathers and is spotless around that area

Agriv8

Hi Agriv8

thank you for your comments, yes I do store the gun built and with barrels down.

2 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

It’s a bit rubbish on a premium gun from the makers who pride themselves on the durability of there work lasting generations.

it will be interesting to see what they come back with.

I took it to Malmö today for them to send onto the Browning gunsmith so should have a verdict within the next few days which I will post.

Thanks