Shooting on the island with an old farrier

HantsRob

Today I took a catamaran from Southampton to the Isle of Wight. Calm waters and good weather, and was kindly met by @Old farrier who took me to his local club for a fun day out and to give me some pointers. 

I couldn't thank him more, or this forum for introducing us. I really had a wonderful day out shooting and the company was spot on. I wouldn't ever normally get this opportunity to visit this club and was really nice to see the community of shooters in this country. 

Things to check next time I shoot with him though:

• Ensure I have sweets. It not being halloween anymore is not an excuse
  • Check he hasn't tied my laces together whilst I'm on a stand
  • Offer the opportunity to swap/shoot his "rubbish back of the cabinet clay gun from back in the day" over anything I bring for the session

Laughs aside, a fun day with great company, shooting some blue cartridges (OF had red ones, @TIGHTCHOKEcan be relieved to hear) and shooting with some really good instruction. 

I just wanted to publicly thank OF for his hospitality more than anything. A gentleman, great company, and beautiful hardware (take that as you like!), and I hope to return the favour for a shoot on the mainland when he pops over next!