A Few Fen Land Screamers

TIGHTCHOKE

Two of us set out to find a few Wood Pigeons in the Fen Land Farmland around Benwick at lunchtime today.

We arrived to find a lot of birds on the deck on the bare fields. Nothing was on the bean fields.

After walking them off, they slowly came back, but wanted to be in the very overgrown copse.

Consequently we went in to the trees and cut a lot of branches to make progress easier. 

We had some shooting as we worked our way through the Jungle.

Once we had got three quarters of the way through the wood, we separated and took an end each and had some cracking birds over the top.

The wind picked up through the afternoon and we were treated to some absolute screamers.

We finished with 21, not a large bag. But great fun in good company.

45 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Just over the border, but I was invited to join the Fen land Syndicate earlier this year.

The clue is in the name, RED Game cartridges are for Game, off to Yorkshire on Saturday.

Good Luck for this coming Saturday in the far distant lands of Yorkshire and I hope the sport is as good , or better than the flighting Pigeons in the Fens.

When my ex governor's  brother was alive he used to come down from Yorkshire for a days game shooting and he always preferred a shot at a good pigeon rather than a standard Partridge or a Pheasant even if he was told in the pep talk no early Pigeons :lol: , no one really bothered as they were all family invites.