ANY IDEAS

scouser

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

I just had a message from a friend who’s mate was the taxi driver. He got part of his ear blown off, burst eardrums, head injuries etc.

The word is the passenger was a suicide bomber.

That’s all the message said.

That taxi driver is a hero  , wonder how many lives would have been lost had this evil person got his way.  So timed to go of at the 11th hour on Remembrance  day .

Interesting that the norther Counter Terrorist Dept are stating;

“Our inquiries indicate that an improvised explosive device has been manufactured and our assumption so far is that this was built by the passenger in the taxi.

“The reason why he then took it to the women’s hospital is unknown, as is the reason for its sudden explosion.

“We are of course aware that there were Remembrance events just a short distance away from the hospital and that the ignition occurred shortly before 11am.

They are using conflicting terms with regard to the device.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting that the norther Counter Terrorist Dept are stating;

“Our inquiries indicate that an improvised explosive device has been manufactured and our assumption so far is that this was built by the passenger in the taxi.

“The reason why he then took it to the women’s hospital is unknown, as is the reason for its sudden explosion.

“We are of course aware that there were Remembrance events just a short distance away from the hospital and that the ignition occurred shortly before 11am.

They are using conflicting terms with regard to the device.

TC one can only guess the taxi driver had the fortitude to think when this guy works out I ain’t taking him to the remembrance service he is going to bail and try hurt others ! 

if I lock him in and I get hurt at least I know medical staff are about !

the force of the explosion from the vid I was surprised to see him get out !

Agriv8

1 minute ago, Agriv8 said:

TC one can only guess the taxi driver had the fortitude to think when this guy works out I ain’t taking him to the remembrance service he is going to bail and try hurt others ! 

if I lock him in and I get hurt at least I know medical staff are about !

the force of the explosion from the vid I was surprised to see him get out !

Agriv8

Police statement said the terrorist asked to go to the hospital.

58 minutes ago, oowee said:

Police statement said the terrorist asked to go to the hospital.

Ok it was one of the red tops that stated rememberance was intended target - I wander if his mates bailed and they were due to have a coordinated attack ! 

On info so far the taxi driver has saved people from injuries or worse. 

Agriv8 

7 hours ago, scouser said:

On a side note, I wonder how many of his mates came over the channel last year.

Wasn’t long ago these types were coming over the sea not the channel. I initially thought it was a different type of terrorist due to the target. It is within walking distance of my office in the city centre and last week we were ribbing a Liverpool based anti-terrorist police event planning officer during a meeting for having an easy job. Just shows how little we appreciate or know of those that try to keep us safe.

9 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Looks like the taxi driver was a very lucky man, i would say the main charge didn't go off only the detonators.

Looked that way on the footage. Some of our fireworks had more poke than that.