Mr Pieman's Dad

Guest Mr Pieman

Guest Mr Pieman

Here is a picture of me and my dad. In case there is any doubt in your minds, I'm the one on the left :thumbs:

My dad is terminally ill with a particulary unpleasant form of cancer, and his prognosis looks to be less than three months left with us. Next week he starts some particularly agressive chemotherapy that will make him really sick and lose his hair etc. So, to make things more even my brother and I are going to shave our heads so he's not the odd one out ;)

My dad is one of the great country folk of old and taught me almost all the things I know today, especially my respect for the countryside and how it is so important that we all fight to keep our countryside a place where we can hunt, shoot, course, use birds of prey and fish etc.

This weekend I have taken him pigeon shooting (driven to a hide), lamping for foxes and rabbits and drove him to a high seat for a deer stalk. He needs help to get around but is a tough old ****** and refuses to give in. Every time I see him he has faded a little more but he is still, at least in my eyes, a giant among men.

He still preaches the addage of 'do what your heart tells you is right. If you leave it to another day, that day might never arrive'. truer words, i feel, have never been spoken.

He will be terribly missed, and I wish this hadn't been our last trip out together. With the chemo etc however, it looks as though this will be our last father and son shooting trip. Sometimes the world seems so unjust and cruel :blink:

PP

PP, I am truely sorry to hear of this.

My Aunt has had cancer 3 times, and now a close friend has a serious cancer too.

After his chemo starts, you can still take him fishing. As we all know, its far less strenuous and may be the wind down he needs.

I hope he pulls through.

Red

PP,

Truely sorry to read your story, I really wish your Dad the best of luck, and just hope it all works out for both of you.

Mrs Deako is a Macmillan nurse and some of the poor folks she looks after would break your heart...that said, they have lots of success stories too, so keep your spirits up, sounds like the old man is a real fighter.

I'm sure all the forum regulars will wish you and your Dad well. ;)

Deako.

Very sorry to hear this Mr Pieman. I have my sister fighting breast cancer as we speak but things are looking good for her now, as the operations are over, with good results and is now starting radio therapy. The chemo she had was a little unpleasent to and she is now growing her hair back. I do hope your father pulls through to (fingers crossed ). All the best Ears.

Pieman.

Thanks for sharing your fathers troubles with us all. It puts into perspective the important things in life.

I sincerely hope the time he has remaining is as happy for him as it can be and that you will derive some sort of comfort from everybodies comments on the forum.

hang on to the good times mate with a tightly clenched fist.

All the very best to you, your dad and family. I am not a particularly religious person but I shall have a quiet word for you both.

FM.

Guest Mr Pieman

Dear all,

thanks so much for the best wishes and kind thoughts. I've relayed many of them to my dad who was really touched by everyone's kindness :lol:

Thanks to all

PP