Anyone?

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Eley carts with ICI on the headstamp are older.  

You should get some use out of those, nearly the right colour too!  

Good luck.

Yeah, mint condition. I may keep them. 

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, used those in the late 1960s 

Thankyou. 👍

It was the late sixties when Eley started producing plastic cartridges and labelling them ‘Waterproof’, but I could not put an exact year on it. I would guess maybe 68/9.

Someone from ‘Shooting Times’ did a test on them and left a handful in his rainwater guttering for a month before firing them satisfactorily. The heads were real brass then!

Edited by London Best

All jolly good. I don’t think I’ll be using them. I like old stuff.

Was also given a mixture of Winchester AA Trap cartridges, Winchester GB Classic, Winchester Skeet ( unfortunately they’re blue, not red! ) Mark 5 and made in Italy. A ‘Cherwell’ from Brackley Gunsmiths Ltd, of Northants and Oxon, The Garland Trap and one of these…..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

It was the late sixties when Eley started producing plastic cartridges and labelling them ‘Waterproof’, but I could not put an exact year on it. I would guess maybe 68/9.

Someone from ‘Shooting Times’ did a test on them and left a handful in his rainwater guttering for a month before firing them satisfactorily. The heads were real brass then!

Thanks, I only had an airgun at that time. I was 9. 

4 hours ago, snow white said:

Them and alfamax where my go to cartridges in the sixties 

Hello, there was another cartridge I used between the grand Prix and Alpha max but cannot remember name, I did like the impax in my side by side XXV type Army and Navy 12 g, those were the good old days 🤔😁

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there was another cartridge I used between the grand Prix and Alpha max but cannot remember name, I did like the impax in my side by side XXV type Army and Navy 12 g, those were the good old days 🤔😁

Between Grand Prix and Alphamax there were Maximum at 1 3/16 oz and Hymax, which was the same load as Alphamax 1 1/4 oz in a cheaper case.

I could not remember there names as well thanks for jogging my memories.

I started to get into reloading about then the missis used to go the gun shop for me get can powder and shot primers wads put them in pram put one of the kids put one of lads back in pram and carry on doing the shopping as I was at work and couldn’t get time of working six days a week 7 till 6 them where the days 

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

'Maximum' - damn - beaten to it. Forgot Hymax, though!.

Edited by 243ack
Old Age

21 hours ago, Scully said:

Have been given these. Anyone know how old they’ll be? Thankyou. 
image.jpeg.f1fac86b66244b95397c107ff7dfecdb.jpegimage.jpeg.9e9406e7c8e53813b6758fe1c5ee8703.jpeg

There should be a packing code on the inside of the top flap...... Should be able to give the exact date that they were packed if you can give me the code... it will read something like 86P28U.... one I have just found on an old Hymax 16g Box 😉

5 hours ago, farmer7 said:

You owe it to yourself to fire one just for the smell! Best smell ever!

Noooo! Then they wouldn’t be complete! 

2 minutes ago, busbiter said:

There should be a packing code on the inside of the top flap...... Should be able to give the exact date that they were packed if you can give me the code... it will read something like 86P28U.... one I have just found on an old Hymax 16g Box 😉

That would be great, thankyou! 
39 J 7A 

19 hours ago, Scully said:

All jolly good. I don’t think I’ll be using them. I like old stuff.

Was also given a mixture of Winchester AA Trap cartridges, Winchester GB Classic, Winchester Skeet ( unfortunately they’re blue, not red! ) Mark 5 and made in Italy. A ‘Cherwell’ from Brackley Gunsmiths Ltd, of Northants and Oxon, The Garland Trap and one of these…..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ooooo, love Winchesters!!! Any pics??