What's not to like?

JDog

Fancying a change I started looking into semi autos last week. YouTube is a great source of information.

My local gunshop had quite a few in to look at so off I went. My initial thought was that I would have to buy a second hand gun so I dry mounted a few of those. Some fitted the bill.

At the end of one rack the row of new guns started so I averted my gaze so as not to be tempted. My inquisitive nature got the better of me so I started to look at the price labels. Some showed prices much less than second hand ones so I tried a few for suitability. 

The Franchi Affinity fitted best and with three chokes and shims for lateral and up and down adjustment and a seven year guarantee I chose that one. Not bad for less than £700.

I had it out on a windy day pigeon shooting last Saturday and with 1/4 choke I was very pleased with how it performed. 

20211116_121203.jpg

As Tightchoke says, great guns in the hide as you only have to keep popping cartridges into the magazine.. unless you take full advantage of that third shot !

Picking up the empties can be tricky though.  Hope you enjoy many happy hours with your new gun. Franchi are part of the Beretta group so it should last well. 

Very good for heavy load shells eg  foxing and high geese. 

I have a Hatsan  3.5 chambered that  has been spot on and is my go to rough shooting gun !

Always hankered after a franchi as I was once accompanying my brother in law to an army run clay shoot must be 10 years ago possibly ( labelled a have a go day ) I stood well back and encouraged my brother in law. 

The colonel who seemed to be running the show very briskly told me to step forward as it was my turn. I indicated I had shot once or twice before but was told good I won’t need to waste any time showing you the basics so we had a go with his 12 gauge over and under and I managed to hit a few all simple presentations I thanked him after my 10 or so clays and said nice gun but the for was shooting a little low for my liking

next thing I know he tells me to stay there and strides off to a nearby van pulls out a gun slip with a semi auto in ( being a country bumpkin ) I had never held on before. Quick intro to loading and safety was run through and was told by the colonel that it  shoot slightly high compared to his over and under let’s see how we get on !

next clays we’re absolutely dusted even more difficult presentations. 
he remarked not bad “for a beginner “

asked about the gun and that was a franchi he then told me it was brand new and he’d only bought it yesterday and had but 10 shells through it to check it worked while setting up the ground ! 

found the gun very enjoyable to hold and use ! Brother in law still mentions me showing him up by hitting everything!

atb Agriv8

Excellent choice. I bought the same gun about a month ago and I have put 600 carts through it on clays and couldn't be happier. Only slight issue I had was I read the manual before stripping it for a clean.....the manual says bolt must be back to remove barrel....after much ar##ing about and youtubing I realised this is wrong but hey ho lesson learnt. Good luck 👍 

1 minute ago, Banggotcha1 said:

Excellent choice. I bought the same gun about a month ago and I have put 600 carts through it on clays and couldn't be happier. Only slight issue I had was I read the manual before stripping it for a clean.....the manual says bolt must be back to remove barrel....after much ar##ing about and youtubing I realised this is wrong but hey ho lesson learnt. Good luck 👍 

Yes the manual is wrong about that and also putting the barrel back on. Some of the translation from Italian to English is laughable.