And Now Some Good News - Tea and Coffee - STROKES

TIGHTCHOKE

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What will they think of next?   Hah!  Just thought.. Telegraph this morning, a piece on how you should get the best out of a cuddle.  If there is one thing I hate more than anyhting is this pathetic 'cuddling' and cheek kissing. What is wrong with a good firm hand shake?

I love a good squeeze with my daughter, son and OH. All my female relatives like a good hug too. It releases endorphins which are good for you. Human touch is important, which is why elderly folk often want to take your hand. 
It works with our pets too. 
Stop being a miserable old **** and let yourself melt a bit. 🙂

Edited by Scully

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What will they think of next?   Hah!  Just thought.. Telegraph this morning, a piece on how you should get the best out of a cuddle.  If there is one thing I hate more than anyhting is this pathetic 'cuddling' and cheek kissing. What is wrong with a good firm hand shake?

Quite possibly depends on the chosen mode of the day Sir? 😃

Just now, Walker570 said:

I am not miserable Scully as my friends will attest. In fact I am the opposite and live life to the full and also spend a lot of time hopefully bringing joy to others BUT I do object to some obese woman I hardly know pushing herself against me and forcing here face alongside mine.  Family is quite different.

Maybe unfamiliar overweight ladies regard you as cuddly! 🙂

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

As with everything else, it has come from America.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

59 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As with everything else, it has come from America.

If we're going to the ignore classical Greek and Roman origins...sure! Herodotus, 400(ish) BC:

'When one man meets another on the road, it is easy to see if the two are equals; for, if they are, they kiss each other on the lips without speaking; if the difference in rank is small, the cheek is kissed; if it is great, the humbler bows and does obeisance to the other.'

But when in doubt, blame the Americans.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Maybe unfamiliar overweight ladies regard you as cuddly! 🙂

I'm sure they do but the feeling is not mutual. Yuk!!!  Too many of 'em about today as well. Take your life in your hands in Aldi these days, could get crushed against the meat from both sides. 

Edited by Walker570

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you follow lots of Greek traditions in Dorset?

The recent habit of hugging and sometimes kissing comes from America. Just like poor grammar and speech does.

Well what can I say, the old traditions are the best. Someone been unfaithful to their partner? Peeled raw ginger up the **** as punishment...

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I am not miserable Scully as my friends will attest. In fact I am the opposite and live life to the full and also spend a lot of time hopefully bringing joy to others BUT I do object to some obese woman I hardly know pushing herself against me and forcing here face alongside mine.  Family is quite different.

Don't believe a word of it scully . Every time he sees me ,  he comes trotting over with his arms wide open ,  and gives me a great big man hug,   and a big kiss🥰🥰😁😁😁

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No idea, you would have to ask Melb3 and Ditchman.

Far be it from me to start rumours 😇,  but I did hear that ditchman had started using garlic instead , as its good for lowering your blood pressure 😇.