Silver pigeon

Neil23

21 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

I've been thinking about having a look around for a silver pigeon 28" for my son in 12g, looked at a mates couple weeks ago and noticed it was fixed chokes 1/4 & 1/2 . Were those the earlier models before they moved to multi choke?? 

No they are the field models for shooting live quarry.

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

As above. I had a Silver Pigeon S. It was a game model with that fixed choke combination. Good little guns. 

24 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Make sure he tries one before spending money, some people (me included) just cannot find a consistent mount, not a problem with the gun as such, they are just different to other makes, Browning etc, and don't suit everybody.

When he held my mates silver pigeon he said it felt perfect weight wise compared to an old fabarm gamma I was keeping for him. Might pay to borrow my mates to let him have a day at the clays with it see how he gets on..

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No they are the field models for shooting live quarry.

Yeah it was 1/4 & 1/2 this on I was looking at, he usually shoots 1/4 1/4 on sporting, I think he'll manage ok 1/4 1/2 he'll get used to it I suppose. 

It's not the weight Neil23, it's the stock dimensions, a couple of rounds of clays is very wise but see if he can borrow a Browning/Miroku as well to see which he finds most consistent to mount. I had a Silver Pigeon and just could not get a consistent mount/sight picture, our Coach assured us that they suit some but not others and ,no matter what you try, you will struggle to shoot to your full potential. Nothing against Beretta at all.

14 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

It's not the weight Neil23, it's the stock dimensions, a couple of rounds of clays is very wise but see if he can borrow a Browning/Miroku as well to see which he finds most consistent to mount. I had a Silver Pigeon and just could not get a consistent mount/sight picture, our Coach assured us that they suit some but not others and ,no matter what you try, you will struggle to shoot to your full potential. Nothing against Beretta at all.

We'll get him on one to try 👍🏻

20 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

I agree. I find that if you shoot Winchester/Browning then you struggle with Beretta, and vice versa. It’s not everyone obviously, but those friends of mine who shoot Brownings struggle with Berettas, including me, but it doesn’t apply to Beretta autos, which I ( and friends ) have no issues with. 
A mate has shot a 686 for years and I mentioned that they ‘slap’ me on the cheekbone after a while, and he admitted his did the same ! He’d been shooting it ( not very well ) for years! He now has a Browning 20 bore and shoots it better, but still owns the 686! 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, Neil23 said:

I've been thinking about having a look around for a silver pigeon 28" for my son in 12g, looked at a mates couple weeks ago and noticed it was fixed chokes 1/4 & 1/2 . Were those the earlier models before they moved to multi choke?? 

The only advice I can give is make sure it fits you I bought a brand new beretta SP Multi choked few years back my own fault I never tried it out shooting When I got it out into the field the stock was too low (I’m lanky sod ) I ended up selling it in saying that Beretta Brilliant guns I use a semi on ducks fits perfect 

I've got the latest SP field with multi chokes, for me it handles really well, not had any face slap or any other problems with it. Tried my mates Browning 725 and just couldn't get on with it , no idea why as we are of  the same height and build almost. As said above make sure it fits before buying.

S

6 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

The only advice I can give is make sure it fits you I bought a brand new beretta SP Multi choked few years back my own fault I never tried it out shooting When I got it out into the field the stock was too low (I’m lanky sod ) I ended up selling it in saying that Beretta Brilliant guns I use a semi on ducks fits perfect 

23 minutes ago, scobydog said:

I've got the latest SP field with multi chokes, for me it handles really well, not had any face slap or any other problems with it. Tried my mates Browning 725 and just couldn't get on with it , no idea why as we are of  the same height and build almost. As said above make sure it fits before buying.

S

Cheers fellas we will deffinatly try before we buy👍🏻