James Bond - No Time To Die

zipdog

Despite clearly detailing 'spoilers beware’  in the caption it seems people don’t bother reading it and then blame the OP for their oversight! so just to make sure.

*****Spoiler Alert******

Just seen the lasted (or last) James Bond and wondering what everyone’s opinion is!

Personally I thought the movie, as a indvidual movie was brilliant but........ it wasn’t James Bond.

James Bond is suppose to be thrilling but the sort of viewing that middle class women can enjoy. Yes there’s some drama and killing but there’s also lots of fast driving, dinner suit wearing, cocktail drinking and all safe in knowledge James is going to beat the baddies. It's suppose to be classically British and rather romantic. This was anything but and far too deep and ‘jumpy' to be James Bond.   

The fact James dies at the end also sits rather heavy! There won’t be another Bond film in my opinion but there certainly will be a film call 007. I can just imagine them all sat in a room going how are we going to save the world, if only James Bond was here, and the current 007 stepping up to the job and pulling it off. And depending on what’s the most ‘in thing' when it comes to political correctness 007 may be a black man, black woman, gay man, transgender person, asexual person. 

No Time To Die marks the end of an era and sad loss in my opinion!

Edited by zipdog

7 hours ago, zipdog said:

Just seen the lasted (or last) James Bond and wondering what everyone’s opinion is!

Personally I thought the movie, as a indvidual movie was brilliant but........ it wasn’t James Bond.

James Bond is suppose to be thrilling but the sort of viewing that middle class women can enjoy. Yes there’s some drama and killing but there’s also lots of fast driving, dinner suit wearing, cocktail drinking and all safe in knowledge James is going to beat the baddies. It's suppose to be classically British and rather romantic. This was anything but and far too deep and ‘jumpy' to be James Bond.   

The fact James dies at the end also sits rather heavy! There won’t be another Bond film in my opinion but there certainly will be a film call 007. I can just imagine them all sat in a room going how are we going to save the world, if only James Bond was here, and the current 007 stepping up to the job and pulling it off. And depending on what’s the most ‘in thing' when it comes to political correctness 007 may be a black man, black woman, gay man, transgender person, asexual person. 

Think we covered it a while ago. 

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Yeah .I didn't know that 

And was going to watch it this weekend .

Cheers .... not .🙄

It says in the caption - Spoilers alert I made a point of putting it!!!!

3 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Probably needs some sort of spoiler alert 🤣

It says so in the caption!! I made a point of putting it!!

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Think we covered it a while ago. 

Where abouts I couldn’t find a thread when I searched. 

11 hours ago, zipdog said:

Well, that's spoilt it for me! 

18 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Well, that's spoilt it for me! 

I clearly put 'spoilers beware' in the caption. I have since updated the post to detail it again, but if people can’t be bothered to read titles and captions before clicking don’t blame me when you read something you don’t like!

Yeah, saw it earlier this week.  

Thought it was a good effort though possibly not one that would deserve a 2nd watch in the way that the previous films have. 

One can't help wondering what JLR got out of it - the baddies drive new LR Defenders and RR SVRs and these get severely trashed repeatedly whilst a Toyota Landcruiser seems relatively unscathed.  The film's release was delayed twice so I guess the LR Defender appearances would have delivered more interest.  

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

wont bother watching it now...............they might do a Dallas....and come back from the dead tho'

I think they’ll have to really, how else can they resolve it and continue his history? They can create another 007, but it can’t be James Bond. 🤷‍♂️
James Bond is dead…..or is he? 

I thought it was a good film and kept pace with the changing world as it needs to do.

This isn’t a series as such, and they’re meant to be viewable on their own (surely he’d be pushing 100 years old by now?)., so see no reason why they can’t film with another James Bond .. anyone who thinks that’s unrealistic has clearly swallowed the thousands of unrealistic stunts etc over the decades without switching off 🤣

Interesting how so many are willing write off the next one without it even being filmed yet!