James Bond - No Time To Die

zipdog

Epic rant ahead

Honestly I thought it was a awful film. A pg John wick. You can say its with the times, but I can't. I had a numb *** and couldn't wait to get out the theatre, easily felt a hour too long. 

Sami Malek, great actor in other films, about the most unconvincing 'baddie' in the whole franchise. He set out to do and accomplished it in the first half of the film, no reasoning why he's being a **** for the rest. 

Felix, why did they have to snuff you out? Honestly thought he deserved a spin off on his own. 

Everybody's suddenly turned gay. Q's announced he's gay, new 007 is a lesbian (and a not very convincing 007). Moneypenny should of had the role, at least she had the background.

Did someone read a manual to write this? Very woke, very politically correct. Modern times I suppose.... 

He has a baby. Err, pretty sure Sean Connery and Roger Moore banged the hell out of half the world, chances are he should have about 20 floating about. 

From the start it's a joyless, soulless bond (again). No charm, the smooth charismatic bond has fled the theatre. You just knew he was gonna snuff it before it started. When Craig announced its his last film, it was always going to have a 'endgame' ending (to me anyway). He put in a solid performance for his final, just shame the script was junk, but as he said after skyfall, if he ever done another bond it's only for the money.

Seeing as they try and add realism, why, when he was shot in the shoulder, did he brush it off? Never mind slamming into a wall at 90mph. Even John wick would take a paracetamol and a plaster for that one. 

The gadgets were ****, that's a main staple in bond films (tho drummed down for Craig's). A watch that emitted a emp, woopy ****in doo. You know its desperate when the biggest baddest thing in the film is that db5 kicking ***. 

I left going home dying to let the misses turn on geordie shore so I could be distracted from the £4 (thank god) fee I paid to witness the massacre of the bond franchise. Most people I know feel the same, and if they don't they all say the same, why did they have to kil him off. 

I wish Danny Boyle had made it. 

Oh I will say Ana de Armas was  worth the £4 actually. She's stunning 

On 18/11/2021 at 19:41, strimmer_13 said:

Oh I will say Ana de Armas was  worth the £4 actually. She's stunning 

I hope they keep her as the Felix replacement in whatever they do next, I suspect it'll be made whoever takes on the 007 number also takes on the name as an ease drop in for any actor in the future

27 minutes ago, Deker said:

I hope they keep her as the Felix replacement in whatever they do next, I suspect it'll be made whoever takes on the 007 number also takes on the name as an ease drop in for any actor in the future

I was saddened to see Jeffrey Wright killed off as Felix as I’ve always felt he’s vastly underrated and under used ( he stole the show in the remake of Shaft in my opinion ) but I too think Ana De Armas will be fabulous in the role. An absolute stunner! Am looking forward to seeing her role as Marilyn Monroe. 

I quite enjoyed it however there can be no more bonds. And that won't be the same will it? After all bond wasn't a very nice person, he shagged all the ladies, drunk all the booze, had a gambling addiction and killed those he didn't like or annoyed him and didn't loose 1 wink of sleep over any of it. That's what made him bond. I'll miss bond. 

No more bonds?

it was a mediocre film by the way….

The reboots are endless.  

1.  He jumped down a shaft into water. 
2  A book closes and he’s stood there. 
3. He’s knocked out, being tortured. 
4. He wakes up in hospital. 
5. He wakes up in someone’s bed. 
6. 48 hours earlier he planned something and that didn’t happen. 

Edited by markm