Non stick frying pan ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

Can anyone recommend a good one of the above. I seem to have no luck with them.

Thanks all. 

Before everyone piles in with "Won't have that chemical rubbish, use a cast iron one and season"....

PTFE and other coatings will last a lot longer if you a) use non-metal implements to stir/spatulate b) don't immediately take the pan off the heat and dump it in cold water to 'soak', the sudden thermal expansion, or rather contraction is very hard on the coating.

Anyway, to answer your question, there's a Tefal outlet shop near me, a £20 pan seems to last well if you follow the above.

We have a real cheapy one which I forget how long we have had it and it still works however I have a large flat steel pan which I imediately clean after use whilst still hot and this is very heavy but superb for searing large quantities of pheasant breasts etc.  I would have cast iron but my wife finds them very heavy to handle.  Properly seasoned they are brilliant.

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Absolutely brilliant, comes with a lid as well so multi use. 

Yes they are great HOWEVER I was asked to mash some spuds in the similar coated pan. Used a stainless potato masher and could not understand where the little black flecks were from in the mash until looked at the base and saw that the said masher had cut wonderful gashes in the non stick coating. OUTSTANDING THAT MAN! I won the prize for stupidity 😳🧐🏆but I did learn from this……. Takes time for the penny to drop!!

• 2 weeks later...