Pensions

Bigbob

When i hit 60 a few months back i put in for my MOD pension  after filling in all the details the last page is from HMRC . 

Do you have any other pensions ?

Will you be getting any other pensions in the next 12 months ?.

Filling in my work pension papers , last page the same thing same questions 

The government are making sure they get  the tax back  there due on money i already have paid tax on 

They already have this information ?? this there way of double checking it ?? 

My Gov pension projection showed that they are going to deduct what they say would have been produced by a private pension that I cashed in as it wasn`t going to produce much !!! So I`m being penalised for moving my own hard earned .......guess that`s `levelling up` for you !!!!!

Edited by matone

18 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

How much of your alowance  have you used already 14.66%  I put see what they say 

Big bob unless you have a fancy pension vehicle or other large pension pots you are unlikely to bust the lifetime allowance if there was a risk it is best practice for the pension fund  to inform you that this could happen an seek financial advice before you retire . This is why I suspect the 14.66 % was on your retirement papers

So I may be wrong but I am guessing you mod pension does not relate to rank of colonel or  major or any of tge other high officer ranks. And you had 50 years service in !

tax on you pension should sort itself out but can take a bit of time if you are being paid pensions from multiple sources hmrc  did used to have a specific tax line for pensioners not sure if it is still going .

Wishing you luck in getting it sorted 

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

Thanks i dont see a problem now the mod one was a nightmare but i got there they where just so slow should of been sorted in August and only correct now  hopeful this one should change from sick pay in December to pension in January then just the goverment one in a few years LOL