A Few More Fenland Screamers

TIGHTCHOKE

Off out again via the Gun Shop for more ammunition.

Arrived, unloaded the car, moved it to the other side of the wood and got set up by 11:00

Today was a bit windier and that made the birds testing targets.

This time I took my old Beretta with its English stock.

Initially they came to the pattern for an hour and a half, then it all stopped.

I waited for a while and then walked to the car for a bite of lunch. Shot five while trying to eat a cheese and pickle roll!

Came back through the wood and moved a few that were sat in the trees.

Watched as loads of small flocks headed past on their way to roost.

Packed up and headed towards home.

Delivered the WPs to a Mate.

First shot shows the pattern and my shooting position.

Second shot, an unrecoverable bird.

IMG_20211118_110544a.jpg

IMG_20211118_125143a.jpg

The sunlight was lovely for a while.

One of my Enforcers

IMG_20211118_131814a.jpg

IMG_20211118_132250a.jpg

TC just read the first sentence twice and then put my spectacles on and read it again.

Starting to think about calling the mods in to check your account not been compromised.

only excuse allowed it you ran out of your special pigeon red 42gram no 6 pigeon shells special with Quad seal bio wad produced with a TC logo yellow on perfect shade of red. 

cracking report

Agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

6 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

TC just read the first sentence twice and then put my spectacles on and read it again.

Starting to think about calling the mods in to check your account not been compromised.

only excuse allowed it you ran out of your special pigeon red 42gram no 6 pigeon shells special with Quad seal bio wad produced with a TC logo yellow on perfect shade of red. 

cracking report

Agriv8

You prawn!

No RED cartridges were used in the making of these reports!

I awoke this morning to find a text from a Mate asking for ammunition, he always pays promptly so I called in at Simpson Brothers on the way out of Wittering. Grabbed a couple of thousand Bio Ammo Cartridges and some nice Hull Imperial Fibre 5s for my mate.

Took them with me to Fen Land and then delivered them with the WPs on my way home.

I also managed to call in to the Wansford Pharmacy to arrange a higher dose of one of my drugs and collected them this evening on the last leg of my journey.

Grabbed a light dinner and now fancy something stronger.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You prawn!

I awoke this morning to find a text from a Mate asking for ammunition, he always pays promptly so I called in at Simpson Brothers on the way out of Wittering. Grabbed a couple of thousand Bio Ammo Cartridges and some nice Hull Imperial Fibre 5s for my mate.

Took them with me to Fen Land and then delivered them with the WPs on my way home.

I also managed to call in to the Wansford Pharmacy to arrange a higher dose of one of my drugs and collected them this evening on the last leg of my journey.

🤣

What a 'wild' one you are TT, guns, drugs and now alcohol! 🤣

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You prawn!

I had 3 crud meeting and been called a prawn by TC 🥲😭 cooked tea for family washed up and took the sprocker for a walk - nearly sneaked for a swift pint but realised wallet was at home. 

tc has gone out bought a load of cartridges and been shooting just think how good your day would have been if you used reds !??

Agriv8

Nice one T C , I am impressed with how well your decoys stand out , could well be the light but even so they do look the part .

If you hadn't said what the crop was , I would have guessed it was a Bean field until combined and then it was drilled with Winter wheat or barley as all the rows look very regimental .

I also took note of your first sentence where you stated you had to pick up some ammunition , I thought at first you might had been sponsored to fire several 1000 cartridges over so many days for comic relief , even if this had been the case I don't think it would have reduced the haul by much ,  :lol:

11 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice one T C , I am impressed with how well your decoys stand out , could well be the light but even so they do look the part .

If you hadn't said what the crop was , I would have guessed it was a Bean field until combined and then it was drilled with Winter wheat or barley as all the rows look very regimental .

I also took note of your first sentence where you stated you had to pick up some ammunition , I thought at first you might had been sponsored to fire several 1000 cartridges over so many days for comic relief , even if this had been the case I don't think it would have reduced the haul by much ,  

Those old Italian Sport Plast Decoys have done me well, they've been repainted over the years and sit on lengths of spring steel.

You may well be correct I have a cropping plan for the fields somewhere.

The ammunition was for a Mate, I live within a mile of Simpson Brothers and use them for some gun work and cartridges as they have realistic prices.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well, upon digging out my crop plan for the farm, it appears that the field is sown with Winter Wheat and the beans are indeed volunteers.

The blank fields on the other sides of the wood are meant to be sown with Spring Barley.

So hopefully some more sport to be enjoyed.  :good:

Appreciate you looking that up TC, as you say hopefully it  will be the field that keeps on giving!