Trail hunting banned on Natural Resources Wales land

captainhastings

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-59337295

Regardless of your thoughts on hounds this is yet another little slice of country life gone. My point being the hunting community in its various forms is slowly but surely getting eroded and nothing is safe. The anglers will be custers last stand and they will take some stopping but I bet the seas anglers will be the first as they are licence free. But give it 30 or 40 years 

The OP is unfortunately correct with his observations. I disagree with the sea fishing observation as from my experience more people seem to be taking up the sport. Far less British people fly fish these days but there is huge uptake in fishing from the huge Eastern European communities. It’s just a pity that take practically  everything that they catch

Edited by yates

35 minutes ago, yates said:

The OP is unfortunately correct with his observations. I disagree with the sea fishing observation as from my experience more people seem to be taking up the sport. Far less British people fly fish these days but there is huge uptake in fishing from the huge Eastern European communities. It’s just a pity that take practically  everything that they catch

Hello, yes, makes you think if their allowed to plunder rivers and lakes for fish to eat in their country, years ago I have seen polish take bags of any fish out the Thames and cleared a lovely brook of all wild browns, they tried on the Kennet but that was put a stop on by the local council, 

41 minutes ago, yates said:

Hello, I would not want to beach fish now on the Hampshire/Sussex coast with all the raw sewage being dumped in to the Sea,

Natural Resources Wales are at the beck and call of the Welsh labour government.

They are at this moment attempting to put magpies on the protected list in Wales.

All Welsh fieldsports are under pressure from the " conservationists"in Cardiff Bay.

We have a real fight on our hands ,and only today they are launching a save the curlew project when one of the reasons for their demise is predation along with habitat loss etc.

NRW are not fit for purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 07:55, captainhastings said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-59337295

Regardless of your thoughts on hounds this is yet another little slice of country life gone. My point being the hunting community in its various forms is slowly but surely getting eroded and nothing is safe. The anglers will be custers last stand and they will take some stopping but I bet the seas anglers will be the first as they are licence free. But give it 30 or 40 years 

Sea anglers are already in the firing line, not all sea anglers are entirely amateur. Down in Cornwall the line between enthusiastic angler and semi professional fisherman gets a bit blurred. I would like to believe the French fishermen are as heavily policed as our fishermen. Somehow i doubt that they are