Pitchfork arrest

islandgun

There is a chance that as with a local murderer who was locked up for 18 years and then released ,who then breached his release terms by stalking another woman ,he was recalled to prison but only for 28 days or so .

So it could be temporary especially if no offence has been committed.sadly.

8 hours ago, scouser said:

Another case of the poor chap has served his time,he deserves to be let out, if it was my daughter he raped and killed I would be waiting at the gate for him.

This. Exactly this. 

10 hours ago, mossy835 said:

he should never have been let out,

And this. He shouldn’t even be breathing. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

They keep insisting that the safety of the general public is their priority, but how can it be if they insist on releasing a convicted rapist/murderer back into the streets? 
If public safety was their priority people such as him would never be released. 

Cost?

If you go to court you are judged by a jury of your peers . The parole board should be the same , a jury of your peers , not a group of local do Gooders . The parole system has been nothing but a joke for years . I have dealt with these people for many,many years and have been amazed at some of the people they have recommended for parole .

I’ve never been a big fan of the string ‘em up approach because of possible human error in the legal process but here though, he is 100% guilty of the crimes he has been convicted of and 2 murder rapes 3 years apart…… applying ‘the law of Tom Daley’, you don’t wake up one day and go straight to murder rape -  he’s going to have committed way more offences which just haven’t caught up with him.

Anyhoos, as a tax payer it pains me that we’ve had to keep him locked up and then go through this most recent parole / recall nonsense.

So, what do the Chinese do? Weigh and measure them in and you’ve got a clean liver, two kidneys, heart and lungs - he could do some real good and tick a dozen people off a dozen transplant lists 😆

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Not really, he came up for parole in 2016 after serving his sentence, was refused but was transferred to an open prison, two years later he reapplied and was again refused until his release earlier this year so I don't think cost comes into it.

Just plain and simple illogical idiocy then. 

12 hours ago, Mungler said:

applying ‘the law of Tom Daley’, you don’t wake up one day and go straight to murder rape -  he’s going to have committed way more offences which just haven’t caught up with him

He was a flasher. In hindsight, perhaps the system could/should have stopped him on a downward spiral then?

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

He was a flasher. In hindsight, perhaps the system could/should have stopped him on a downward spiral then?

You can’t lock up flashers for life and you don’t go from flashing to murder rape of a child (twice), over night. And of course not all flashers end up rapists and murderers.

I know there’s a do gooding strata in society who think that the love of a sky fairy, forgiveness and understanding is all that’s needed to get someone back on track but there are some people who really just aren’t going to respond or are worth the trouble, risk or the cost of housing them securely from the general public for decades and decades and who not unreadably do not wish to be raped and murdered.

The mere whiff or suggestion that there is a ‘system’ or a 3rd party other than Colin Pitchfork that is responsible in some way for the actions and crimes of Colin Pitchfork is rejected out of hand.