28 bore?

wildfowler.250

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

At 50 YARDS tss 9 WILL PENETRATE 2 INCH AND tss 7 OVER 3 INCHES, ASSUMING YOU ARE BELOW THE BIRD, IN NEARLY ALL CASES YOU ARE LOOKING AT PASS THROUGH THE BREAST MEAT.

I had a goose a fellow shooter shot recently at 40 yards with TSS, all you got were narrow wound channels through the meat, most of the TSS have completely passed through the bird.

Thank you Stonepark. This is all good information. TSS seems to be the business. At its current price however, missing could lead to some serious Tourette’s…..?!

TSS reminds me of the early tungsten ‘Heavy Shot’. I used it on the foreshore when first available in the UK (12 bore). It was rough and irregular in shape, but it pulled down wigeon at silly ranges. It was denser than lead - not by much - and the patterns were far too tight. Hard to get the stuff to spread, despite its uneven shaped shot. I used cylinder choke in the end. Ramble ends.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildfowler.250

I have a silver pigeon in 12b, 20b and 28b and the 20b and 28b are the same weight, however I wanted a 28b and don't regret it.

I find the choice between 20b & 28b negligible, its the choice of cartridges that makes an outing a pleasure or a chore 😆

Carry 50 standard 20b loads then compare 50 standard 28b loads and you realise light loads in a 20b makes it so similar I could probably do away with one caliber but.......... I wanted a 28b 😘

Edited by Goldfish