Pig Saddle gun clamp

steve_b_wales

If its like the one me and my mate had it will fit into trigger sticks but never let go of the rifle as my mate did  and the bolt holding the clamp pulled through and he shot himself in the thigh good clamps just keep one hand on rifle at all times 

Don't mean to derail the thread but if it will save a life 

Edited by Rim Fire

11 hours ago, FOXCALLER said:

Will these fit into trigger sticks.

Yes, they will fit.

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

If its like the one me and my mate had it will fit into trigger sticks but never let go of the rifle as my mate did  and the bolt holding the clamp pulled through and he shot himself in the thigh good clamps just keep one hand on rifle at all times 

Don't mean to derail the thread but if it will save a life 

Not sure if  you had these from me? Anyway, I have never had that problem, and the new ones have a different, more secure way of attaching the clamp to the trigger sticks. When you say 'the bolt holding the clamp pulled through', what bolt do you mean?

Hi Steve the bolt that go into the clamp from the fitting on the trigger sticks i had the same thing happen on mine and no they wasn't off you off eBay they held good for about 3 yrs then all of a sudden the nut that is in the 3d printed clamp became lose and pulled out causing the rifle to fall to the ground backwards all i am saying is never let the rifle be free standing i used to do it as well until i seen my mate get shot i was there 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Hi Steve the bolt that go into the clamp from the fitting on the trigger sticks i had the same thing happen on mine and no they wasn't off you off eBay they held good for about 3 yrs then all of a sudden the nut that is in the 3d printed clamp became lose and pulled out causing the rifle to fall to the ground backwards all i am saying is never let the rifle be free standing i used to do it as well until i seen my mate get shot i was there 

I'm glad you clarified that. The clamps now being sold have helicoil inserts which are much stronger than nuts. It's also important to make sure that the rifle is balanced correctly, so that there's no weight pulling on the 'nut'.

The clamps are made with Nylon, reinforced with Carbon fibre.

Edited by steve_b_wales

4 hours ago, Andycf said:

Hi Steve

Can you please let me know what the internal measurements are of the pig saddle and do the two internal jaw faces have a finish that will grip the stock?

Hi Andy,

Fully opened it's 60mm and fully closed, 40mm. The jaws have 'cushions' that will grip the stock.

21 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Steve i think a lot of the problem was using the sightmark  wraith they are weight heavy on the back end not like a normal scope so you cant balance the rifle as easy would like to see a copy of the one you using please 

When used with a rifle with NV add on attached, I have had to position the rifle more forwards to even the balance. It did mean that on one of them, the magazine was covered but this didn't cause any problem or inconvenience.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...