Hik 6mm/10mm/15mm

Burney

Hi,

As I understand it the 6mm is for close range Airgun work, the 10mm for mid-range rimfire and the 15mm for longer range centre fire.

I have the 10mm and you can easily spot and identify bunnies at 200+ yards, you can zoom in but the picture quickly becomes pixilated with the 10mm and if you want to do this then maybe go for the 15mm which gives you greater definition.

For the money I think it’s well worth it and does what I need it to do.

I've got a 15mm. If you've never used a thermal before it's absolutely incredible. Pick up heat signatures quite a long way out and although you have to work out what it if its a way off you get used to picking up foxes etc. For the money it's very good and without something more advanced (expensive) it's brilliant. I had the unfortunate opportunity to use a new pulsar Helion this autumn for 8 weeks. And to be perfectly honest it knocks the HIK into a cocked hat but it's 2.5X the price! If you're wanting a ratting toy for an air rifle the 15mm is more than enough.

I use the 6mm for rats and the variety that claims trees !

can spot bunnies easily but difficult to tell if it’s a bunny or hare !

it’s a good tool as ir soon has rats scurrying away after.

Agriv8

my post when I was doing my homework https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/419187-opinions-please-hik-micro-thermal-spotter/?tab=comments#comment-3884109

Edited by Agriv8

43 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

I use the 6mm for rats and the variety that claims trees !

can spot bunnies easily but difficult to tell if it’s a bunny or hare !

it’s a good tool as ir soon has rats scurrying away after.

Agriv8

my post when I was doing my homework https://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/419187-opinions-please-hik-micro-thermal-spotter/?tab=comments#comment-3884109

At what distance can you see rabbits not to fussed about identifying them as can look through the scope to do that

3 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

I’d have gone 10 new but got offer from fellow PW member for second hand 6mm made the decision for me really.

I plan to upgrade when funds allow but for the money there a good bit of kit.

regards Agriv8 

Well Iv ended up buying a 15mm cheers for info mate