Feral pigeons

activeviii

8 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

Tip: Depending on if your poacher gamekeeper

1. If you knack them all in one go then their cousins will be less keen to plot up

2. If you take it easy ( turn up once a fortnight ) they will act as decoys and keep attracting more thus you will have ongoing sport

Don't want the sport, just need them gone, but with cement board roof, I think it will take a couple goes as only shoot when there on the rsj.

I'll see how it goes this evening

Use something like a .177 hobby .or hunter extreem .and the pellets will hardly pass all the way  through the bird (body shots ) and not damage the cement board at all .

Funnily enough roofing board is much tougher than it looks  most .177s fired directly  at it from 25 yds plus  doesn't go through. 

If in doubt .find an old bit somewhere and give it a try with your own gun /pellet .

Put your mind at rest that way you can shoot the birds wherever  they present .

Edited by Ultrastu

18 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Use something like a .177 hobby .or hunter extreem .and the pellets will hardly pass all the way  through the bird (body shots ) and not damage the cement board at all .

Funnily enough roofing board is much tougher than it looks  most .177s fired directly  at it from 25 yds plus  doesn't go through. 

If in doubt .find an old bit somewhere and give it a try with your own gun /pellet .

Put your mind at rest that way you can shoot the birds wherever  they present .

I didn't know those points, cheers

All sorted tha ks gent. 60 somthing removed, some challenging shots, OK, a lot of challenging shots. Sat on lights, ontop of the rafters or wrong side. Could only shoot from one side of barn.

Fac s510 did me proud,  turned down the dial to 12ftlb for most shots. And then a very small adjustment in power for the 50+ yard shots, easier than hold over.

All with the old, and I mean old, eley wasps. Last tin of all the ones I had stashed for 25 odd years. 

87 rats cleared as well.

Cheers All for your input

Edited by activeviii

6 hours ago, activeviii said:

All sorted tha ks gent. 60 somthing removed, some challenging shots, OK, a lot of challenging shots. Sat on lights, ontop of the rafters or wrong side. Could only shoot from one side of barn.

Fac s510 did me proud,  turned down the dial to 12ftlb for most shots. And then a very small adjustment in power for the 50+ yard shots, easier than hold over.

All with the old, and I mean old, electric wasps. Last tin of all the ones I had stashed for 25 odd years. 

87 rats cleared as well.

Cheers All for your input

Sounds like a cracking nights shooting.