Need help deciding. Spotter

30-6

Hi all, as per title need some decisions made for me. Seriously thinking of buying a thermal spotter. Don't shoot as much as I used to, but think a new spotter will enhance my forays.

Down to 3. Fox distances required two hundred yards would be nice, recording and still pics would be nice. Streaming not really required, focussing feature for clarity needed.

Iray xeye E3N or Pulsar Axion XM30S or Hik Lynx 19 mm.

Looking to spend around 1K if possible with any deals about this coming week. Think that rules out the Axion. Seem to be drawn to the Lynx 19mm.

Any advice gratefully received, I've looked so much the last couple of days I've confused myself.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I use a Pulsar Axion Key XM30 and it does what I require. No bells or whistles, just good quality thermal vision. I've 'spotted' sheep at a known 870 yards. Slightly over your budget but worth it.

Agree absolutely.

Just one point, though. No sooner had I forked out for one when I was given a Gen 3 compact NV monocular. The thermal will find stuff that the NV may not see while searching, but when you've got it with the thermal and you know where the stuff is so you can then see it with the NV and a positive ID is superior. In short, the thermal does need getting used to and a positive ID may need to be complemented/confirmed by the targets' movements.

Well, after spending all day Monday looking at reviews of various spotters, and every single one at whatever price range having good and bad points, I finally bit the bullet and made my choice.

In 1 or 2 days time I will be the proud owner of a HIK Lynx 19mm thermal spotter.

Offer on for £124 discount if ordered today. 

Happy days, I hope so.

8 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Well, after spending all day Monday looking at reviews of various spotters, and every single one at whatever price range having good and bad points, I finally bit the bullet and made my choice.

In 1 or 2 days time I will be the proud owner of a HIK Lynx 19mm thermal spotter.

Offer on for £124 discount if ordered today. 

Happy days, I hope so.

Hello, Optics Warehouse ? Let us know how it goes 👍

Yeah that's the one. Offer only on for yesterday and discount code has gone, so let's hope I did get a deal.

Probably be a couple of days before playing with it in fields due to grandparent duties. I have never looked through thermal before, so will need getting used to. 

Edit to add - pulsar seemed to have so many features they seemed a bit complicated to toggle back and fore, and in the reviews lots of users talked about eye cup / screen size / firmware updates, on some axion models.

It was a big decision for me, but works out with a 3 year guarantee as about £7 a week. Two pints.

I know mice climb trees as my squirrel traps have mice droppings in them. Like you say it's just nice to be out and about for exercise, don't always need a gun on you.

I know one thing I can use it for, looking for the daft calves that invariably get lost in ditches.