Avon ZX7 Tyre

Novice

Novice I dont have any experience with that tyre but if you Google search a company called pro tyre they often have good deals on when you spend over a certain amount I replaced two tyres on my seat leon & they beat every other company supplied & fitted & I got a £20 gift voucher for sainsburys/argos because they had a offer on. Worth a look 👍

Had 4 fitted around 3 months ago, got them at £40/corner fitted and balanced. Initially they were fairly good as the manufacturing oils wore away then they became superb after about a month, lasted until recently when they tend to white line in the dry and feel vague in the wet, they have not actually lost grip yet but just don't feel planted, could be my Poxy little Fabia just doesn't get them warm enough? Conclusion, if you can get them cheap fair enough, but I don't think Avon make tyres as good as they used to.

42 minutes ago, London Best said:

10k per set!

Avons on Defender 110’s have always lasted me 57-60k.

I had 63k from some Michelin’s on an early Range Rover.

I would only expect 10k from some really cheap remoulds.

Front brake discs lasted about the same as well 😬 I reckon it was my wife’s driving 😇

I don't know anything about the Avon tyre but I have had falken and conti on my car (m&s and 3pmsf) and the verdstein quatracs on the wife's (new asymmetrical ones). The verdsteins are quite amazing in rain snow and dry. Reasonably priced also. She has them in a jazz and it drove about in 4 or 5 inches of the white stuff, some compacted as ice, with ease. Summer handling is good and standing water is no issue. We'll worth a look and seem to be wearing well. I shall replace mine for those in due course.

On 22/11/2021 at 15:52, bruno22rf said:

but I don't think Avon make tyres as good as they used to.

Yes, I had Avons on my old Mondeo at some point,  changed them for another set and they weren't the same at all, they wore very fast.

Currently running continental all seasons, and I hate looking for new tryes and reading reviews,  there black and round, but obviously important.