Brit Awards going gender neutral

Old Boggy

It just means that someone who was once one gender, is now the other gender, and vice versa, or that someone who is one gender, now identifies as the other,

( despite appearances )  to which they were born. It can mean that despite the bloke you once knew as Bob, is now in fact Barbara and that you should avoid drawing attention to the beard. 
So in order to avoid someone from being offended and ending up giving evidence of how devastated they were to a parliamentary inquiry board, when his long time friend goosed him thinking he was Barbara, but finding out he was in fact still Bob underneath all the sequins and pearls, and claiming a six figure sum in compo’, they’ ll just refer to each award as ‘best none gender specific group’ or singer. 
Simple. 👍

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

It just means that someone who was once one gender, is now the other gender, and vice versa, or that someone who is one gender, now identifies as the other,

( despite appearances )  to which they were born. It can mean that despite the bloke you once knew as Bob, is now in fact Barbara and that you should avoid drawing attention to the beard. 
So in order to avoid someone from being offended and ending up giving evidence of how devastated they were to a parliamentary inquiry board, when his long time friend goosed him thinking he was Barbara, but finding out he was in fact still Bob underneath all the sequins and pearls, and claiming a six figure sum in compo’, they’ ll just refer to each award as ‘best none gender specific group’ or singer. 
Simple. 👍

So theirs only 2 genders then ? 😂

I keep saying if your a man but now a female that’s still only 2 genders . 

unfortunately my oldest daughter is going through this and I thing it’s a mental health thing but I have to stand by her 🙈

An interesting point on this subject I reckon is. . . . what goes on their death cert because the way I see it if a male was born a male would have to die and obviously vice versa so I think there has to be 2 genders.

On a lighter note. . . a lot of people these days look the same to me and if you see a modern name like Asha or Ezra ( I just pulled them from a simple Google search ) it doesn't give us any clue of how to address them without offence; so we could easily make a genuine mistake but as long as we know the difference between a cock and hen pheasant we shouldn't upset the keeper no matter what gender that person may be going forward

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

So theirs only 2 genders then ? 😂

I keep saying if your a man but now a female that’s still only 2 genders . 

unfortunately my oldest daughter is going through this and I thing it’s a mental health thing but I have to stand by her 🙈

Good luck to you both because it must be difficult with the speed of modern life combined with a constant social media bombardment  

Edited by mgsontour

Have you ever seen the film Crocodile Dundee?

He has the absolute ultimate and the only positive gender deciding test I've seen.

I would highly recommend using it on new people you meet.

Speaking as an old very intolerant male person who identifies as a younger male intolerant outrageously sick to death of these "things" that have nothing more to worry about than if their dangly bits are on their chest or between their legs.

Live long enough and your dangly bits end up between your knees regardless of gender. 

I have a friend whose daughter has decided to become a male - will be having surgery. There are genuine cases and they have my support. That said, the world seems full of woke idiots who relish their chance to save the planet through a variety of causes - gender, Insulate Bitain, Greenpeace, eco warriors, "Me Too, etc etc. Leaving the aforementioned genuine people aside, the rest are merely halfwits seeking to impose their skewed view of the world onto an increasingly bewildered population. 

It is democracy gone mad. I suspect few of these movements would flourish in China, Saudi Arabia or Russia.

Edited by Gordon R

I found this  really interesting.  [Google..BBC  Start the week.  Internet influencers and generation gaps..] opened my eyes and goes some way to explain the us and them stuff i.e. hundreds of new words to describe gender, also much about the generation gaps over time, woke-ism  and social media. I sent my teenage children the same programme but as yet have failed to hear back, Don't blame me if you find it disturbing...😄...  edit Took out link. 

Edited by islandgun

2 hours ago, old man said:

Well, the lid is certainly off now?

Very soon it will be possible to be arrested for trying to say good morning or looking in their direction?

When will this situation cross the species barrier? Mermaids or Mermen?

What about women in movies who call themselves actors, last time I looked they were an actress

8 hours ago, mgsontour said:

An interesting point on this subject I reckon is. . . . what goes on their death cert because the way I see it if a male was born a male would have to die and obviously vice versa so I think there has to be 2 genders.

On a lighter note. . . a lot of people these days look the same to me and if you see a modern name like Asha or Ezra ( I just pulled them from a simple Google search ) it doesn't give us any clue of how to address them without offence; so we could easily make a genuine mistake but as long as we know the difference between a cock and hen pheasant we shouldn't upset the keeper no matter what gender that person may be going forward

Good luck to you both because it must be difficult with the speed of modern life combined with a constant social media bombardment  

Unfortunately we dont speak hardly ever now as she’s with her mum . 

11 hours ago, team tractor said:

Of course you do.
All joking aside, I’ve always told my two that I don’t care whether they’re straight or gay or whatever, as long as they’re happy. That’s the most important thing to me. 
I wish you both the best of luck and a happy outcome. 

3 hours ago, bluesj said:

In this case I can't see any reason not to, so instead of best male artist and best female artist it will be just best artist, jobs a good un.

This!

honestly you lot are worse than a lynch mob sometimes - all they’re saying is they won’t have separate male and female categories, it’s just the same as not needing to call the police PC and WPC as their gender is irrelevant, they are Police Constables. 

also Actor has been the long accepted term in our industry for the same reasons, it isn’t necessary to associate a gender as we wouldn’t with any other roles, there is no such thing as a Directoress or an Electricianess. The real danger is that all the awards will go to the men as they are much more numerous and tend to be more leading roles.

17 hours ago, mgsontour said:

What about women in movies who call themselves actors, last time I looked they were an actress

Sky being the limit now?

12 hours ago, London Best said:

Can’t see Bond wanting to climb into bed with another actor.

He would if the price was right maybe?

14 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

This!

honestly you lot are worse than a lynch mob sometimes - all they’re saying is they won’t have separate male and female categories, it’s just the same as not needing to call the police PC and WPC as their gender is irrelevant, they are Police Constables. 

also Actor has been the long accepted term in our industry for the same reasons, it isn’t necessary to associate a gender as we wouldn’t with any other roles, there is no such thing as a Directoress or an Electricianess. The real danger is that all the awards will go to the men as they are much more numerous and tend to be more leading roles.

Whateverness

19 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

This!

so why dont they say that

19 hours ago, London Best said:

Can’t see Bond wanting to climb into bed with another actor.

only if it is a "Bondess"

23 hours ago, bluesj said:

In this case I can't see any reason not to, so instead of best male artist and best female artist it will be just best artist, jobs a good un.

when i get drunk and people refer to me as a pissartist is that the correct term ?

I thought all the fuss was because a couple of "artists" up for awards (fellas) didn't identify as male or female? In the past would of just been classed as bi/asexual? As some folk who aren't famous are still happy to be without  working the whole agender thing for attention  . . . .  All going off in Poland. They  have recently declared some areas, towns and city's LGBT free zones.

On 23/11/2021 at 21:07, The Mighty Prawn said:

This!

My thoughts entirely - Everything else is Daily Express/Mail sensationalism

Surely if an award is for best X and you don't fit into that category you just don't win? You don't shift the goal posts. I genuinely worry for the future generation they're bombarded with so much ****  nowadays they don't know if they're a boy, girl or a teapot.

The trouble is kids are bombarded with so much stuff and expected to understand adult issues younger and younger and remaining more immature for longer. I remember being 15, I was working a bit, had a girlfriend, school was a piece of cake, life was easy. 15 year old step daughter gets stressed about being stuck in traffic on the way to school because she won't be 10 minutes early. She lives her life in her phone. Nephew was on the verge of a nervous breakdown over his gcse results this time - even though his teachers had marked them and liked him - because he wanted to go to the local 6th form....their criteria is pretty much you have to have a pulse and be able to write your name in pen not wax crayon. Hes going to have a torrid time when he works out he likes boys - everyone else already knows!