Sir Kevin Sinfield

Lampwick

8 hours ago, Lampwick said:

What a super effort and super chap! The love between him and his mate Rob, is heartwarming. 

Over £600k raised for MND so far. 

Good for him and his support. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/59385774.amp

I got excited then thinking he had been given a knighthood , i can't think of a more layed back or deserving person.

4 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

This is the man that should be recognised as a superstar not jumped over paid formula 1 drivers or football players!

Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'm a Union fan, myself, so know little of actually playing that weird league thing, but this guy's got such humility and integrity about him. I think he represents the very best of all that sport can bring to humanity. Hopefully he'll get the recognition he deserves!

Nothing weird about rugby league. You are right about Kevin in how you describe the man. Perhaps its rugby league that helped shape his attitude to life and character which made him the man he is. 

25 minutes ago, Lampwick said:

I played union too, but a sissy winger! I think I would have loved league. 

They’ve called him Sir Kev up there for ages and yes he deserves it for real!! 

Quite honestly I hated him when he laiked ( Yorkshire for play 😉) and same for Rob Burrow.  But that's sport. However like they say we are all enemies till the final whistle and after that best of friends. The guy definitely deserves a knighthood. When you think about the likes of Saville, Philip Green et al. Kev should be at the front of the queue.

1 hour ago, Lampwick said:

I played union too, but a sissy winger! I think I would have loved league. 

They’ve called him Sir Kev up there for ages and yes he deserves it for real!! 

It's always baffled me that league isn't popular down south,  or away from the M62 and Cumbria really,  it's easier to watch and faster to play, and I've played both and watch both so I'm allowed to say it 😁

Sir Kev definitely is a legend,  he was a leader and a giant on the pitch, and has done all he's done trying to help his mate and raise awareness of MND, he's a Yorkshireman any Lancashire lad would happily buy a pint.

I really hope he does well at Leicester tigers, the league players seem to make great defence coaches.

On 23/11/2021 at 21:36, Mice! said:

It's always baffled me that league isn't popular down south,  or away from the M62 and Cumbria really,  it's easier to watch and faster to play, and I've played both and watch both so I'm allowed to say it 😁

Sir Kev definitely is a legend,  he was a leader and a giant on the pitch, and has done all he's done trying to help his mate and raise awareness of MND, he's a Yorkshireman any Lancashire lad would happily buy a pint.

I really hope he does well at Leicester tigers, the league players seem to make great defence coaches.

He was born in Oldham but adopted by Leeds!

Edited by button

Kevin Sinfield is from Grotton which is in Saddleworth Yorkshire. He has amassed well over the million pounds for his latest run and a few months ago raised well over one and a half million pounds for the charity to help his friend and colleague doing 7 marathons  in 7 days. A true legend and sportsman, very humble and a fine example for future sportsmen and women to emulate.

From Auntie.

On 03/12/2021 at 02:26, 100milesaway said:

Kevin Sinfield is from Grotton which is in Saddleworth Yorkshire. He has amassed well over the million pounds for his latest run and a few months ago raised well over one and a half million pounds for the charity to help his friend and colleague doing 7 marathons  in 7 days. A true legend and sportsman, very humble and a fine example for future sportsmen and women to emulate.

From Auntie.

Isn’t Saddleworth Greater Manchester? Great achievement by a great bloke.