a new patio laid

nobbyathome

i have been laying a new patio over the top of the old one and this is how it went 

first of all i had built a brick and flint  wall about 30 years ago with the old hexagonal paving slabs as a patio and a few months ago the gate came off after the dog run into it it chasing a fox and the gate  also cracked the pier so it had to come down 

i started at the top step laying the bull nosed first and laying the others behind leaving a couple of inces between the step and the house so the rain can run down the back into the driveway and not against the house

07EA5CEB-A9AE-4FB1-B44A-7D641DE2E191.jpeg

88AF1BDB-DA98-4CC3-B777-FC216FB84326.jpeg

i also cladded the step under the slabs to create a nice look cutting out the 2 air bricks and fitting them

EE8ED86E-7B2E-4B86-AF0F-703AB7F03C60.jpeg

then came the fun part of laying the proper patio 

the next bit was what do do with the garden under the patio i decided to go over the old concrete railway sleepers that i had down in the same stone and make a small rockery garden so the mrs can plant some alpines

E9E0C667-FDEE-44C1-8554-8894442A3513.jpeg

9D37EF32-ECB8-4FC3-AAB8-9D79B6BE9762.jpeg

a little banksy on the wall to brighten everyone up

D9129DF0-E4E5-4906-BA68-78B877CB8E75.jpeg

all done !!!!!!  so i thought  after running the hose on it i had cocked up a bit and water was running towards the house  so i had to angle grind and chisle out to put a drain near the house

CB44E7BA-0BD9-4123-974E-41E1226AD0FD.jpeg