Yet More Fenland Screamers!

TIGHTCHOKE

I had planned to get out on Saturday, but as the weather forecast gradually deteriorated, I made the decision to go today while the weather was lovely.

I packed the car and headed off to the Fens near the Forty Foot Drain.

I arrived just before 11:00 emptied the car and parked it up the track at the back of the wood.

Walked along the field edge and moved a lot of birds out of the trees.

I suspect they didn't want to be in the cold wind either!

I set up a pattern of 30 shells and two extended Enforcers.

A few showed some interest in the pattern, but most were shot while trying to get back in to the trees.

I ended with a small bag of 17, shot from a sunny position on the leeward side of the wood hiding from the bitter north wind.

IMG_20211125_105333a.jpg

IMG_20211125_105353a.jpg

IMG_20211125_105430a.jpg

IMG_20211125_115737a.jpg

IMG_20211125_142038a.jpg

Nice one T C , your weather looked a lot better than ours , rain on and for most of the day and like you say this might be the lull before the storm , we are shooting Saturday and it ain't looking that great .

Your gun look in showroom condition , very well looked after , and I also noticed there wasn't a Red cartridge case to be seen .:good:

23 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Nice one T C , your weather looked a lot better than ours , rain on and for most of the day and like you say this might be the lull before the storm , we are shooting Saturday and it ain't looking that great .

Your gun look in showroom condition , very well looked after , and I also noticed there wasn't a Red cartridge case to be seen .:good:

No RED cartridges as I wasn't shooting GAME!  :cool1:

7 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Good effort, that wind was cold wasn't it  

It certainly was on the north side of the wood.

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well done TC, I use those bouncy  poles, 👍, what decoys are those ?

The decoys are Sportplast shells on the ground and up the poles are Enforcers.

35 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No RED cartridges as I wasn't shooting GAME!  

I know you were not shooting game , even us old boys from the flatland's are not that thick :lol:, but shooting pigeons mainly on a flight line in a strong wind is easily as good as most game shoots so I thought you might have giving some of the highly thought of Reds a nice day out in the Fens , so when will the big day come when we get a report on T Cs big day's out on the long tails ?

10 hours ago, marsh man said:

I know you were not shooting game , even us old boys from the flatland's are not that thick , but shooting pigeons mainly on a flight line in a strong wind is easily as good as most game shoots so I thought you might have giving some of the highly thought of Reds a nice day out in the Fens , so when will the big day come when we get a report on T Cs big day's out on the long tails ?

Oh I knew that you're not that thick!  :rolleyes:

I had a my first day in Yorkshire and it was very pleasant, nothing much to report.  :good:

I promise I will post a write up with pictures in the correct section when it is worth doing.  :cool1: