Black cocker spaniel...

gamekeeper1960

39 minutes ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

This little cocker spaniel has come on really well shame the photos don't show it to its best... 20211125_165946.jpg.5c0ae58df8bf06dcc9a405830a150337.jpg20211125_165955.jpg.01c0081ccbfba05f7f05e1ccfee75f16.jpg

now then - gamekeeper you playing games with the quality of your carving ? 

so the hare was I have tensed every muscle ready to bolt.

the cocker spaniel look is classic spaniel look for I have marked the downed bird over there and I am not taking my eyes of it.  

I have to say you get that look for 2 seconds ion my sprocker in the field before she bolts will sit for dummy until I release.

I will say it again you have a talent and skill that I have not seen equaled or bettered ! 

top notch 

Agriv8 

19 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

now then - gamekeeper you playing games with the quality of your carving ? 

so the hare was I have tensed every muscle ready to bolt.

the cocker spaniel look is classic spaniel look for I have marked the downed bird over there and I am not taking my eyes of it.  

I have to say you get that look for 2 seconds ion my sprocker in the field before she bolts will sit for dummy until I release.

I will say it again you have a talent and skill that I have not seen equaled or bettered ! 

top notch 

Agriv8 

Cheers Agriv8, I do try to get some sort realisum but to be honest I don't even know where it comes from (I hope that doesn't sounds to pretentious) I'm self taught and have been making sticks since 2003 but  this year I had an accident which ended up with having major surgery on my left shoulder and elbow and this is why I have been using the stick carving to help my rehabilitation and its giving me a reason to get up ..I use to shoot on a regular basis but since my injury its on the back burner and I pray that I can get back to it...

The fact that others enjoy my work is very encouraging..so thank you very much...

1 hour ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

Cheers Agriv8, I do try to get some sort realisum but to be honest I don't even know where it comes from (I hope that doesn't sounds to pretentious) I'm self taught and have been making sticks since 2003 but  this year I had an accident which ended up with having major surgery on my left shoulder and elbow and this is why I have been using the stick carving to help my rehabilitation and its giving me a reason to get up ..I use to shoot on a regular basis but since my injury its on the back burner and I pray that I can get back to it...

The fact that others enjoy my work is very encouraging..so thank you very much...

You don’t sound pretentious at all even more so if it gives you enjoyment and therapy! I Just can’t believe that you can capture the spirit of your subject so well. You have obviously have a eye and memory for the finer detail Wishing you well and that  you get out shooting soon.

ps Mrs Agriv8 said she thought she was looking at a real spaniel photo !

15 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

You don’t sound pretentious at all even more so if it gives you enjoyment and therapy! I Just can’t believe that you can capture the spirit of your subject so well. You have obviously have a eye and memory for the finer detail Wishing you well and that  you get out shooting soon.

ps Mrs Agriv8 said she thought she was looking at a real spaniel photo !

Thank you Mr & Mrs Agriv8 ❤...

10 hours ago, bottletopbill said:

You sir are at the top of stick building. People will be asking for your sticks for Christmas presents so you had better crack on  but still  keeping to the high standard you have now set.

what will you do next ? 

Thanks Bill,  very kind of you to say..👍 and I no desire to mass-produced anything...besides my good lady is my worst critic so I wouldn't get away with it...😉

9 hours ago, Spr1985 said:

Absolutely outstanding! I do love seeing the outcome of peoples labours of love, quite clearly have a huge talent for it 👏🏻

Thanks Spr1985...💝