It’s a tad windy!

elgreco

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Zapp said:

Blimey.

Cold here, nasty sleety clinging cold.  I'm glad we haven't had that sort of battering here, but we did get that weird mini hurricane a few weeks back that did surprising damage.

We had a similar thing a few weeks ago that only seemed to target our house. It ripped the driveway gates off and a part of the roof

18 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

She is spoiling you!

I wonder what is next on her list?

Shes said she's going to make bacon sandwiches in a minute so she definitely wants something! I don't think I've annoyed her yet this morning so hopefully nothing too exciting. I've only just about warmed up from chasing escapee heifers about in the dark last night at work!

The new plastic greenhouse didn't survive the storm. Its on its side on the garden. All the pegging down, guy lines and putting it in a corner with a 6ft fence on 2 sides was to no avail. Lots of sections and corners broken so its a rightoff. It was only up for 2 weeks. At least the fig and tamarillo it was housing survived.

20211127_084905.jpg

20211127_084853.jpg

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Think I might have them.

Very good 😅😅

We managed, just stuff needed tidying this morning,  but with the tarps on the roof whipping about all night it sounded like there was someone stood over the bed with a plastic sheet!! Didn't mention that to the wife 😳

Msg from a permission as well saying lots of trees down on the estate,  could be interesting next week

10 hours ago, Zapp said:

Blimey.

Cold here, nasty sleety clinging cold.  I'm glad we haven't had that sort of battering here, but we did get that weird mini hurricane a few weeks back that did surprising damage.

That was a weird one wasn’t it! The company I work for are putting a roof on an extension to a Primary School and part of it got ripped off! 🙈

I was a bit sad this morning on checking round the wood as one of the very first trees I planted 31 years ago is laying on it's side roots torn out of the ground.  We slept tight and never heard a thing but to date that appears to be the only damage caused.  It must have been afir blow becaue this tree is surrounded by other trees of the same height which are still standing.  Just think, even on the north east coat with projected winds of 80mph, that is only about two thirds of a good blow in a hurican down on the souther US coast line or in the centre of one of their tornados.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Very good 😅😅

We managed, just stuff needed tidying this morning,  but with the tarps on the roof whipping about all night it sounded like there was someone stood over the bed with a plastic sheet!! Didn't mention that to the wife 😳

Msg from a permission as well saying lots of trees down on the estate,  could be interesting next week

:good: