The storm

scolopax

5 hours ago, holloway said:

Not having much success finding someone to put another ridge tile on the roof.

Using the Pigeon Watch classic saying , wish you had been closer , and as long it wasn't a silly height I would have blown the dust off my tools and came out of retirement , sadly I will now have to decline it and will leave the dust well alone . :drinks: 

8 hours ago, scolopax said:

Anyone have any success in the recent stormy weather?

Heard a lot of shooting yesterday morning when the geese lifted and by the sound of it there must have been several people out , mind you , weather wise it wasn't out of ordinary , we were game shooting all day and apart from getting a bit wet after dinner the day was just a normal day you would expect in November .

Worked well for me on Friday evening.  Howling gales and high tide meant the sea  was too rough for the geese to roost on and with no mud flats they fly along the sea wall looking to roost on the fields.  Only 25 yards up and thousands of them, stopped at 4 as like shooting fish in a barrel.   I don’t think they could even hear my wee 32 gram  loads going off!

21 hours ago, Fisheruk said:

Discretion was the better than valour yesterday as I chose not to go out.

This morning I saw a dead tree had dropped alongside my hide position 

3731C881-1FDE-46A4-83B0-BEC772A82EB9.jpeg

You had it a lot worse than we did down here on the East coast , not that much wind but heavy rain showers all afternoon .

Unlike the time when we had the 1987 vortex , we had some Pine woods that looked like a bomb had gone off and snapped the tops off every single tree in the woods , never seen anything like it before or since .

We also had a church thatch roof completely blown off only a matter of days after being rethatched , that also happened to be the thatcher's last job before he retired , as he had always done all the estates thatching work he came out of retirement to put it all back on , dedication at the highest level .:good: