Storm Arwen Wildfowling

Big Al

4 hours ago, greylag said:

Something special being on the shore in those conditions.Makes you realise how fast those old ducks fly.Gives me plenty of excuses for missing.

Nice to see a variety of duck in the bag ,the hide looked a snug fit.

Thanks for another great adventure.

Thanks greylag.  It was great to be there. As we walked down we stopped on a number of occasions to simply watch the hundreds of wildfowl in the sky. It took a while for us to realise that we were there to shoot!

The hide was very snug - especially when two cold wet labradors also decided it was the best place to be.

On a different day I would have moved to the hide 40 yards to the right out in the water but I didn't fancy wading too far.

There were no decoys out. They would have blown away, anchors or not.

3 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Top class Big Al some fantastic ducks buzzing about 👍If you had put decoys out they would have still been in the middle of the big lough lol Dogs didn’t seem bothered by the weather 👍👍

Cheers Gerry.  The dogs were very cold after it. The oul fella (Ted) was hobbling badly Saturday night and Sunday,  but he's grand again now.

I might semi retire him soon.

18 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Cheers Gerry.  The dogs were very cold after it. The oul fella (Ted) was hobbling badly Saturday night and Sunday,  but he's grand again now.

19 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I might semi retire him soon.

Great loyal dog mate 👍👍My old Labrador the same mate great drive in him but like myself the joints starting to wear Great video thanks for posting 👍👍

4 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Wildfowling in a storm is something special, your video certainly captured that>
To coin a phrase from a well known film, "we need a bigger hide".🙂

😂😂

We definitely do need a bigger hide. A bit too snug! Thanks for the comment Cranfield. 

5 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

Good video. A day like that makes the cold, the wet and the mud worth it.

Cheers. It was a really wild one alright! The ducks had the after burners lit and it gave us some explanation for the misses.