Solo for a change.

JDog

My usual companions were all working, or at least they were supposed to be, so I went out on my own today.

This farm of 250 acres is all down to rape apart from one field of winter wheat. The pigeons had lots of choice and as usual I chose the worst of three options and had to watch two good lines go into feed elsewhere whilst I picked off the odd straggler on my weak line.

After an hour and ten pigeons I packed up and went to the nearby services for a coffee and a steak bake. The wind was good, about 25 mph, so I decided to go back and stand in an Ivy covered hedge on one of the better lines. In an hour I shot another ten beauties and three Carrion crows with no netting or decoys. I am getting on pretty well with the semi auto.

Edited by JDog

A nice concise but informative report of your two trips out and a good bag for the two hours spent.

Thanks for posting.

Noting that you have recently changed to a semi auto, do you have any trouble finding and picking up the empties?

OB

28 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Well done jd cracking day, but no banter, I now shoot solo and really miss the banter.

Don’t presume that when I am out with Jacko there is any banter. The reality is that I cannot understand a word he says.

13 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

A nice concise but informative report of your two trips out and a good bag for the two hours spent.

Thanks for posting.

Noting that you have recently changed to a semi auto, do you have any trouble finding and picking up the empties?

OB

I have purchased two of those pen magnets and have attached one to a cane which goes inside my gun slip.

Nice session to get 20 pigeons in a couple of hours flight line shooting and the luxury of a no doubt hot steak slice washed down with a coffee at half time .

You have I take it already shot a right and a left , or the other way round depending on what s / u shooters call it , the ultimate test is getting three for three and then you can join the elite club , I know Motty and Lakeside have done it and I am sure it will be only a matter of time if the gun continue to be your first choice:good:

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

Nice session to get 20 pigeons in a couple of hours flight line shooting and the luxury of a no doubt hot steak slice washed down with a coffee at half time .

You have I take it already shot a right and a left , or the other way round depending on what s / u shooters call it , the ultimate test is getting three for three and then you can join the elite club , I know Motty and Lakeside have done it and I am sure it will be only a matter of time if the gun continue to be your first choice:good:

I have had 3 for 3 with a twist, ------ 2 with the first shot 1 with the second, I think you know the rest of the story, does it count as a triple?

10 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

I have had 3 for 3 with a twist, ------ 2 with the first shot 1 with the second, I think you know the rest of the story, does it count as a triple?

No , I am sorry Alan I have consulted the rule book and it states in large letters that each shot have to account for a kill , or without being to precise as long as you drop one dead or alive it will count , rules are rules  :hmm:

We have got a lot of wildfowlers around this way who use semi auto's and yet to realise that it is possible to fire one or even two shots without having to pull the trigger three times , several of them like going together and I am amazed that whatever come there way that always , or nearly always enough stuff comes towards them to warrant six shots , they are either very lucky , or very poor shots , I know the one I would chose :lol:

14 hours ago, marsh man said:

No I haven’t had an opportunity for a treble with this gun yet.

• 3 weeks later...