Moorland pest control with a 223 Sako.

simon6ppc

On 01/12/2021 at 19:47, Catamong said:

Great video, as a matter of interest, what's the going rate for shop bought .223 ammo, (asking for a friend!).

Cat.😎

I reload cat for around 50 pence a shot if that but factory can be any thing from 22 pound to 30 pound  i think for a box of 20.

On 01/12/2021 at 21:15, marsh man said:

Once again a pleasure to watch , it look a perfect partnership when your ole dog is part of the team , a sure sign of contentment , have you got another one , or will you be getting another when the sad day come when the link is finally broken 

Hyia mate, i don't have another yet but i fancy a fox red one next if i be honest, when i first got Jack the reason i bought him was for the pigeon hide as i was a mad keen pigeon shooter back then, it was when i first joined here and got told off from a few of you for my bad spelling 😂 any way as time went on i got more busy using the rifles and that's where Jacks kind of retired so to speak. but ye a fox red bitch be spot on and stay safe my friend.

19 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Another video out of your top drawer, the scenery is as good as the shooting.
Thanks for posting.

Thanks Cranefield much appreciated.

21 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Brilliant video that rifle looks the dogs i think i will put in for 223 variation 

Ye thanks pal, that is an 8 twist Sako 85 with a 24 inch barrel, i know when you talk to folk every thing they use they always think are say its the best but that rifle has blown me away the accuracy it can deliver even at 500 yards and more on calm days using a 69 grain bullet, i highly recommend you get one also mine even shoots the 40 grain bullets into .25 of an inch at 100 yards.

On 01/12/2021 at 13:09, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, another good video Simon 👍

Thanks again popper much appreciated.

4 hours ago, simon6ppc said:

I reload cat for around 50 pence a shot if that but factory can be any thing from 22 pound to 30 pound  i think for a box of 20.

OK thanks for the info and keep on posting the videos.!

My mate is looking to get into foxing, but doesn't yet have a FAC, we've both been doing a bit of research into which calibre is best and .223 seems to be favoured by most.

I'll probably stick with a shotgun and heavy BB loads, but the obvious downside is that you need to bring them in pretty damn close to ensure a kill.

I've bought an Icotec fox caller which is great, but a good number of foxes simply simply sit out in the field at 100 yard range and won't come any closer, despite all manner of squeaking.!!

Cat.😎

On 03/12/2021 at 08:46, Catamong said:

OK thanks for the info and keep on posting the videos.!

My mate is looking to get into foxing, but doesn't yet have a FAC, we've both been doing a bit of research into which calibre is best and .223 seems to be favoured by most.

I'll probably stick with a shotgun and heavy BB loads, but the obvious downside is that you need to bring them in pretty damn close to ensure a kill.

I've bought an Icotec fox caller which is great, but a good number of foxes simply simply sit out in the field at 100 yard range and won't come any closer, despite all manner of squeaking.!!

Cat.😎

Ye pal the Icotec you can down load better calls on if you contact who you bought it off. One of the best this time of year is The Vixen On Heat its brilliant ye good luck with it also the 223 will be spot on for foxes 

22 hours ago, muncher said:

Enjoyed that again, thanks for posting I know the poor videos I post take some time to edit..so yours must take a lot of effort.  👍

Cheers pal ye its a big job editing i do them over and over again to try and get them half right lol.

• 4 months later...