Worth getting up for.

JDog

At first light it started to snow heavily. The forecast was for snow until ten then fine with a 20mph wind.

I actually went back to bed but the lure of pigeon shooting got me out and about and by ten thirty I was set up with a thick Ivy covered hedge behind me.

I stayed out for an hour and a half and picked twenty three pigeons and seven Carrion crows. It was very enjoyable. 

20211202_074021.jpg.e65d55fab1bd25d5b224bcb342906497.jpg

20211202_110108.jpg.999b0f1bcdd4b1e5e0e09e7c48ebb2f7.jpg

Our passion for things we enjoy certainly gets us going, many times I’ve been out fishing in the snow, the wife thinks I’m mad 🤣 I will be the same with shooting,  just not had any snow in my neck of the woods for a while. Fair play to you @JDog for getting out and enjoying yourself 

41 minutes ago, aga man said:

Very nice J. 

You are doing a great job of thinning out those Carrions👍

Nice to see you posting.

There is a commercial game shoot adjacent to where I was and it has many acres of maize cover crops which is why there are so many Carrions in the area.

As hitman have already stated that shooting in snow is magical and after a fresh fall the countryside look amazing , we had a inch or so and it soon started to thaw out with the sleet and snow showers turning to rain .

Your new gun is certainly getting a lot of use and well done for braving the elements :good: 

• 2 weeks later...