Fish and chips?.

samboy

High gang.

My local chippie charges £9.50p for cod chips and a wally.  Why is it so dear ?.

I can go in my local cafe and get a good dinner for £6.  I don't mind spending money

but i hate getting robbed. Stopped buying kebabs too don't know where they get the prices from.

5 minutes ago, samboy said:

High gang.

My local chippie charges £9.50p for cod chips and a wally.  Why is it so dear ?.

I can go in my local cafe and get a good dinner for £6.  I don't mind spending money

but i hate getting robbed. Stopped buying kebabs too don't know where they get the prices from.

we pay £15 for 2 pieces of fish and a large chips. that's for two people and there's always a shed load of chips left over - enough for us to freeze them and each have a small portion with another meal. And it's a decent slab of fish, too.

That sounds better value than yours! No wally though. 

We have got some decent fish and chip shops locally but not as good as the one in Cromer , the last time we went up there at the end of the Summer we had , a middle piece of Cod ( well done ) , a large Plaice fillet ( well done ) and one lot of chips and it was just under £12 and worth every penny , 

17 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

A large haddock and small chips at The Admiral in Overseal costs about £8 and that would include some mushy peas. Enough for a good evening meal for two of us.

Still expensive in relation to cooking yourself a normal meal but do you faze in the fuel cost as well.

same as what i pay ...and large is large .............

On 02/12/2021 at 18:19, chrisjpainter said:

we pay £15 for 2 pieces of fish and a large chips. that's for two people and there's always a shed load of chips left over - enough for us to freeze them and each have a small portion with another meal. And it's a decent slab of fish, too.

How do you warm the chips back up? 😬

Never found chips any good re-heated. 

Just had a run over to Reed Street Fishery in Huddersfield, for about the hundredth time. Fish and chips £5.70, but portions are double the Lancashire side of the Pennines. They are also cooked properly in beef dripping. There isn't a chip shop west of the Pennines who make fish and chips as good.

On 02/12/2021 at 18:19, chrisjpainter said:

Freeze chip shop chips! And i thought us Scots were tight fisted!  You must have been born in Yorkshire!