16b cartridges

manc_munsters

Anyone got any spare 16b cartridges kicking about.

Any game loads (pref fibre wad) considered.

Ideally, north Manchester, Bury, Bolton areas.

I have been left a 16b by a recently departed friend, and I would like to shoot it on one of our pheasant shoots.

I would rather buy a few unneeded boxes than get a slab till I know I can shoot it 

Cheers chaps 

19 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

If you get down as far South as M1 J21A at Leicester Forest East I have some Lylvale 1 ounce English #6 or #7 I forget which. Plastic case and fibre wad.

Many thanks. I occasionally venture South on the A1.

If I can get down in the near future,I will give you a shout if you don't mind

Russ

I just checked what I have. They are Lylavale Supreme Sixteen. 28 gram of English #7. Fibre wad in a plastic case. The classic 16 Bore "square load".

I have two slabs of 250 in each slab but would be happy to sell as many or as few as wanted with no premium for a lesser amount of just twenty-five or fifty. 

These if you open the links:

https://www.justcartridges.com/product/supreme-16ga-2/

https://www.centralguns.co.uk/product/lyalvale-express-supreme-sixteen/

https://www.cambers.com/shop/Lyalvale-16G-Supreme-Sixteen-28g-5-M17137

I would accept £75.00 a slab of 250 (cash on collection with sight of your original valid SGC) or at pro-rata of £7.50 a box of twenty-five even if you only wanted just one or two boxes I'll do them at £7.50 a box.

My own thoughts would maybe to buy just one hundred or one hundred and fifty to see how you get on with the gun and give it a fair test.

6 hours ago, supatex said:

I've got about a slab of reloaded cartridges, (not reloaded by me). I was given them but now sold my 16bore so you can have them for free. I'm near junction 1 on the M18,( junction 31 on the M1.

sounds a bit scary, ps not your location.

12 minutes ago, supatex said:

I've shot some of them with no problem. The boxes are marked up as to what's in them. I thought a lot of shooters reload their own cartridges.

Indeed they do as do I but not knowing what components (powder,shot and their weights etc) are in their make up things can be very risky.

hope that if someone does fire these that they will still be able to stick two fingers up to me.

55 minutes ago, Bruno24 said:

Indeed they do as do I but not knowing what components (powder,shot and their weights etc) are in their make up things can be very risky.

hope that if someone does fire these that they will still be able to stick two fingers up to me.

Sorry if that sounds negative as I am sure that your offer is genuine and generous.

Regards, Bruno

• 1 month later...
On 03/12/2021 at 18:06, enfieldspares said:

I just checked what I have. They are Lylavale Supreme Sixteen. 28 gram of English #7. Fibre wad in a plastic case. The classic 16 Bore "square load".

I have two slabs of 250 in each slab but would be happy to sell as many or as few as wanted with no premium for a lesser amount of just twenty-five or fifty. 

I would accept £75.00 a slab of 250 or at pro-rata of £7.50 a box of twenty-five even if you only wanted just one or two boxes I'll do them at £7.50 a box.

NOW ALL SOLD.