Big Issue sellers.

100milesaway

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would imagine he's wondering if they're illegal immigrants and are being controlled by a organised crime gang. It's happened before. 

But as usual I'm sure you'll not answer this post as it doesn't suit your very narrow mindset. 

Hello, I am sure it goes on in various parts of UK, same as the beggers in London , 

14 hours ago, henry d said:

So what are you saying?

I'm  saying that I  also have seen sellers being picked up in large new cars. What part of that do you not understand. It hurts me to see our country and everything I hold dear to me getting destroyed.. Our veterans  sleeping rough, the NHS on its knees, crime going sky high, rapes and stabbings rocketing,no public money in the kitty for pot holes but plenty for road humps, litter everywhere, money being spent on pushing electric cars, jails closing down, soft sentencing. corrupt politicians. I could go on but wont. I have a great love for our country, and i could weep to see the state it is now in, but that is something* henry d *that you would never understand.

From Auntie.

6 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I'm  saying that I  also have seen sellers being picked up in large new cars. What part of that do you not understand. It hurts me to see our country and everything I hold dear to me getting destroyed.. Our veterans  sleeping rough, the NHS on its knees, crime going sky high, rapes and stabbings rocketing,no public money in the kitty for pot holes but plenty for road humps, litter everywhere, money being spent on pushing electric cars, jails closing down, soft sentencing. corrupt politicians. I could go on but wont. I have a great love for our country, and i could weep to see the state it is now in, but that is something* henry d *that you would never understand.

From Auntie.

Very good post. This is something the young will struggle to understand as they are not old enough to have seen the erosion of our society and its values. 

I'm in no way blaming mass uncontrolled immigration for all of it, but it certainly has a part to play. 

Edited by 12gauge82

21 hours ago, henry d said:

So what are you saying?

In my local town there is a foreign lady who sells the Big Issue: she is dropped off / picked up everyday in a new Silver Vito and is part of an organised collection of sellers of the same ethnicity (refraining from use of the word ‘gang’).

She stands outside the Tesco’s express everyday (like a job) and I reckon she’s done it now for over 10 years.

She is begging. The well meaning guilty old people give her money and they do this in droves. Indeed, I’ve seen her there every day for 10 years and I’ve never seen anyone take a Big Issue but I’ve seen plenty just give her money. 

Over the 10 years, I think she must have had at least 4 perhaps 5 children and she’s always on the phone. 

I thought standing there everyday in all weathers and often pregnant was in itself hard work and often wondered why she didn’t apply herself to a job with similar hours - the reason of course is cash, benefits and the sheer £ numbers involved. Indeed it’s got to be worth it else she’d have found another pitch or done something else in the decade she's been active, right?

I don’t blame her - she’s found a spot,  she’s coining it in and she is having it away. I’d also bet £1000 of my own money to charity that whichever family member of hers has the brand new silver Vito blagged it (for example as a disability scheme vehicle).

I blame the idiots in charge who let this happen because doing something about it is harder than letting it go on, and I blame the hoards of morons who give her money every single day, and when she doesn’t need it - some are well meaning and misguided and others are those nauseating virtue signallers that want to take a selfie and tell the world when they throw two quid into a beggar’s cup.

Indeed, if you are thinking of giving to a Big Issue seller, please do, but please at least take a copy of the magazine. When they run out they will have filled their pockets and will no longer need to stand there 😆

Anyone reading this who knows Shenfield will know exactly who I am speaking of, and there’s one like her in every town now. 

I left work late last night and due to a big conference I had parked in a sketchy part of the city. As I snaked through the backstreets to get onto Islington there were many young Eastern European prostitutes out on the street. I’ve not seen any prostitution on the streets for years, it is so sad to see. Clearly those women do not want to be freezing cold in a foreign country looking for punters. I am sure everyone knows that it is morally wrong to put money into the pimps’ hands, likewise giving to beggars is just further enslaving them to their gangmasters. If you care about street beggars do not give them a penny and send that money to a refuge or homeless charity instead. 

9 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

From Auntie.

Excellent post Auntie, I despair what is happening with our country, 

9 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

From Auntie.

Absolutely so!

Not much left now other than disgrace?

Well it's known the Roma run Clan pyramids which is what I'd guess is going on with these fancy cars picking up the sellers. They also traffic and run teams of (their own) child beggars. They are also responsible for 97% of pickpocketing on the underground. It's not all bad, some of them are very accomplished on the accordion.

A few years ago, a foreign lady (Indian) was dropped off in a nice BMW car near the top end of Queen Street, Cardiff. who then proceeded to beg. Lately a Romanian girl is dropped off on the main road, near to a shopping outlet and then walks to the shops. She then 'sets up' outside ALDI with a blanket over her, and gets many monetary donations! Complaints have been made to ALDI but nothing has been done.

We have had one - same location - 17 years

I remember when we lived down south - back then it was street begging (Oxford) with dogs - except we would see the same dog with different people in different locations over the course of a day - or a few visits and did see the vehicles picking up a dog.

You should have seen the look of disgust when we actually gave them some dog food.....

2 hours ago, discobob said:

We have had one - same location - 17 years

I remember when we lived down south - back then it was street begging (Oxford) with dogs - except we would see the same dog with different people in different locations over the course of a day - or a few visits and did see the vehicles picking up a dog.

You should have seen the look of disgust when we actually gave them some dog food.....

Very similar to when years ago I would go home on leave by train via London. There would always be someone tapping you for "any loose change"

I would always offer to buy them a meal, always got turned down!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

On 07/12/2021 at 00:04, 100milesaway said:

From Auntie.

Ok I'll have to make assumptions here as you aren't being very obvious in what you are saying.

You saw BI sellers being picked up/dropped off and car of choice was expensive, so the obvious assumption is someone they knew has money and/or are of a large frame or need a larger than average car due to numbers or size of passengers using it. Another is that they are being used to provide money to others by begging and may have been trafficked.

The middle section was just rhetoric that has nothing to do with the former and latter sections.

Latter section says little other than trying to say I don't like or understand something you can't express fully for some reason, however I have to ask what you did when you saw this person being picked up by the occupants of a nice new car?  Did you think that it was nice someone who has a bit of dosh has picked them up and is taking them home? Did you hope that there was enough room for them? Or did you think that it was such a shame someone has been trafficked here and someone with more money than they have is controlling their lives and that you couldn't do anything to stop it, not even take the car number and report it to the police and ask them to help that person? Or did you just walk by on the other side of the road; and say nothing?

6 hours ago, henry d said:

Ok I'll have to make assumptions here as you aren't being very obvious in what you are saying.

You saw BI sellers being picked up/dropped off and car of choice was expensive, so the obvious assumption is someone they knew has money and/or are of a large frame or need a larger than average car due to numbers or size of passengers using it. Another is that they are being used to provide money to others by begging and may have been trafficked.

The middle section was just rhetoric that has nothing to do with the former and latter sections.

Latter section says little other than trying to say I don't like or understand something you can't express fully for some reason, however I have to ask what you did when you saw this person being picked up by the occupants of a nice new car?  Did you think that it was nice someone who has a bit of dosh has picked them up and is taking them home? Did you hope that there was enough room for them? Or did you think that it was such a shame someone has been trafficked here and someone with more money than they have is controlling their lives and that you couldn't do anything to stop it, not even take the car number and report it to the police and ask them to help that person? Or did you just walk by on the other side of the road; and say nothing?

How condescending! 

Why don't you go and report the people smugglers, French and rnli for ferrying these poor people across the channel. Oh, hang on, I think the government is already fully aware of exactly what is going on. 

10 hours ago, henry d said:

Henry, the one in my town is left unattended for 10 hours a day, has a phone and routinely is up the duff.

That’s not trafficking.

The Roma pick pocket gangs that work in Brentwood (the town up the road) are they misunderstood victims of trafficking too?

5 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Henry, the one in my town is left unattended for 10 hours a day, has a phone and routinely is up the duff.

That’s not trafficking.

The Roma pick pocket gangs that work in Brentwood (the town up the road) are they misunderstood victims of trafficking too?

Don't point facts out to Henry, he'll ignore you. 

33 minutes ago, Mungler said:

That’s not trafficking. I never said it was, I was replying to someone else's post.

No idea!

13 hours ago, henry d said:

You know exactly what she was saying.
And if you really dont, then its obvious your brains works in very strange ways.

The most probable assumption , which you have completely missed out , is that its her husband/boyfriend/family member , who picks her up and drops her off for 'work' every day ?
Whilst family member is dealing drugs , pimping or robbing others , beggar woman is earning a crust too ?

Or did you think that it was such a shame someone has been trafficked here and someone with more money than they have is controlling their lives and that you couldn't do anything to stop it, not even take the car number and report it to the police and ask them to help that person?

What crime would you report to the police ? Seriously, they would laugh at you !

On 09/12/2021 at 22:49, henry d said:

Henry D, I think you could make an issue or controversy out of a piece of chewing gum.It is not a crime to love your country and be fearful of where it is heading. I have followed many of your past comments and you do an awful lot of post trashing without any structural solutions. Many of my friend's are from other countries and of different skin colours,they also love our country and are as worried as I  am about our mismanagement of the issues of today. My original post was a querying of a situation and I thank the people who accepted it for what it was.. Goodnight

From Auntie.