Barrel extension BSA ultra se

nicknsd1978

I have bought a used BSA ultra se and unbeknown at the time it has an extended air cylinder (I’m new to airguns), it currently has a shroud which I want to remove and fit a suppressor/silencer but currently the air cylinder will be longer than a fitted suppressor. I was thinking can you extend the barrel?

55 minutes ago, nicknsd1978 said:

I have bought a used BSA ultra se and unbeknown at the time it has an extended air cylinder (I’m new to airguns), it currently has a shroud which I want to remove and fit a suppressor/silencer but currently the air cylinder will be longer than a fitted suppressor. I was thinking can you extend the barrel?

If you did fit a longer barrel the power would increase significantly, so you’d need to reduce hammer tension to keep it down to 12ft lbs.

There used to be available a 50mm barrel extension that just screwed onto the threads (not rifled  )  from xtx .made exactly for this problem .unfortunately  these aren't for sale anywhere any more  to the best of my knowledge  .

An easier solution , to stop the mod fouling the extended airtube is to ever so slightly  lift the end of the breach  block with a very thin shim .which raises the barrel in relation to the air tube .and hence your mod will clear it .

This is what I've done with my ultra .

Hi ok I’ll have a look at that. It was more the “length” issue in that the air cylinder will still protrude beyond the end of the mod

Is this the type of thing you were mentioning with the xtx?….https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/general-accessories/airgun-silencer-adaptors/screw-on-type/1-2-20-unf-male-to-female-silencer-barrel-extension-16mm-diameter-38mm-or-50mm-extension/

Yeah .wow .I didn't know best fittings did those. 

Bsa barrels are 15.5 mm but I doubt an extra 0.5 of a mm will ruin the looks .

I would upload some pics of my ultra but for some reason I can't do that at the moment. The add files button below isn't working .

If you want more info on how to lift the breach pm me .

Oh reading your last post again .how long is the extended air cylinder .? 

A bsa or hw mod is usually around 200 - 220 mm long. That must be a long air tube ? 

Nothing wrong with it and after looking on the “air-fective” website I’m sure it’s one of the best you can get, I just really love the look of a rifle with a mod on the end. My own stupid fault for jumping in feet first although it’s not a bad thing having the bigger cylinder I suppose

1 hour ago, nicknsd1978 said:

Nothing wrong with it and after looking on the “air-fective” website I’m sure it’s one of the best you can get, I just really love the look of a rifle with a mod on the end. My own stupid fault for jumping in feet first although it’s not a bad thing having the bigger cylinder I suppose

More shots and it should be quieter with the shroud than a Mod,  give it a chance you may just like it.

• 1 year later...
On 05/12/2021 at 20:07, Ultrastu said:

There used to be available a 50mm barrel extension that just screwed onto the threads (not rifled  )  from xtx .made exactly for this problem .unfortunately  these aren't for sale anywhere any more  to the best of my knowledge  .

An easier solution , to stop the mod fouling the extended airtube is to ever so slightly  lift the end of the breach  block with a very thin shim .which raises the barrel in relation to the air tube .and hence your mod will clear it .

This is what I've done with my ultra .

That may make it prone to leaks from the seals on the transfer port and will certainly allow water and muck in.