Looking at a new set up either a R10 or 510

postie

11 minutes ago, Lsto said:

Just my input. I do alot of feral work in warehouses and I personally use a s410 and cannot fault it. That said a friend of mine has the s510 with the side lever and I find it feels more elegant to use than the bolt style on mine. After using it for a bit the bolt type always feels alot more clunky to use after. Other than that I find they both perform and handle the same. That said I have offered to buy his 510 on many occasions as it is a joy to use.

keep offering carry a s510 super lite carbine on my rounds nothing comes close to it outstanding tool 

23 hours ago, Lsto said:

Just my input. I do alot of feral work in warehouses and I personally use a s410 and cannot fault it. That said a friend of mine has the s510 with the side lever and I find it feels more elegant to use than the bolt style on mine. After using it for a bit the bolt type always feels alot more clunky to use after. Other than that I find they both perform and handle the same. That said I have offered to buy his 510 on many occasions as it is a joy to use.

Thanks for input 

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2022 at 09:46, postie said:

Thanks to everyone for there input much appreciated, I went for a r10 177 super carbine in the end arrived yesterday put the scope on last night hopefully the postman will deliver pellets today so I can get to zeroing it in.

Excellent,  I've been lucky mine seems to shoot everything well, but especially like Jsb heavies,  the squirrels aren't so keen.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Excellent,  I've been lucky mine seems to shoot everything well, but especially like Jsb heavies,  the squirrels aren't so keen.

I bet, I run some bsa goldstar thro it to zero scope in only at 25yds and they were spot on really nice grouping the chap I bought it of recommended them. Got done Qys streamline to try to

46 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Well done 👍

Thank you done some zeroing yesterday very pleased 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m very pleased with it so far groups well up to 25 yards not had a chance to push it further yet.bolt a little clunky not as smooth as the old aa400

not had a chance to get out one live quarry yet. Had to wait for a week for a new air tank then there was a few days before I could get it filled and so on.little more plinking to make sure the zeros right then I’ve got a couple of farm sheds to clear of ferals.we see how that goes