Northern Ireland vote on Fox hunting with hounds

Rob85

Today a certain Mr Blair had his bill to ban hunting with dogs in northern ireland brought before our legislative assembly in and to my surprised his motion was voted down. I was almost sure the woke brigade would have won the day to try and bring us in line with the rest of the UK.

Well done to all who successfully rallied together against this shoddy Bill.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-59543635

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

If hunting with hounds is the same over there as England and Wales (I don't know if it is or not to be fair), it'd be a shame it wasn't banned is my view. 

Indeed, along with shooting any of God's creatures or releasing pheasants for the sole purpose of blasting them out of the sky for entertainment. 

45 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Nope, nothing to do with that,im all for shooting. 

Its the way many hunts conduct themselves. 

Here we go again! You’ve condemned a group of people you don’t even know on the basis of your own experience and the illegal acts of some. Do you really not see how hypocritical your stance is, or do you just not care? 
People who don’t agree with shooting use the illegal acts of some shooters, and the way some conduct themselves, to tar all of us ( as you do with those who hunt ) with the same brush. 
As a shooter I’m surprised you’re perfectly willing to use sweeping generalisations as you do. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

Here we go again! You’ve condemned a group of people you don’t even know on the basis of your own experience and the illegal acts of some. Do you really not see how hypocritical your stance is, or do you just not care? 
People who don’t agree with shooting use the illegal acts of some shooters, and the way some conduct themselves, to tar all of us ( as you do with those who hunt ) with the same brush. 
As a shooter I’m surprised you’re perfectly willing to use sweeping generalisations as you do. 

Re read my post, I've clearly stated I don't know if it's the same as the mainland or not, but if it is, generally speaking, the behaviour of too many hunts has damaged the sports reputation. 

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Re read my post, I've clearly stated I don't know if it's the same as the mainland or not, but if it is, generally speaking, the behaviour of too many hunts has damaged the sports reputation. 

Seriously? What rubbish! No more so than some shooters have damaged their sport! 
What do you think is different about Irish fox hunts as opposed to English ones, apart from legislation? 

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

Seriously? What rubbish! No more so than some shooters have damaged their sport! 
What do you think is different about Irish fox hunts as opposed to English ones, apart from legislation? 

It's far less wide spread. Close your eyes to it if you want, or maybe you don't get about much but it is my first hand experience across many places in the UK. 

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's far less wide spread. Close your eyes to it if you want, or maybe you don't get about much but it is my first hand experience across many places in the UK. 

sit back relax and watch the ship sink as the band of denial play on some people just have to learn the hard way 

As far as you know it’s far less widespread. 🤷‍♂️ Who knows?
I’m not closing my eyes at all, I just find it bewildering how you can readily condemn even people you don’t know, but as someone who has ‘ first hand experience across many places in the UK’ which I can only assume means you participated, I’ll bow to your superior knowledge. 
I can only assume you’ll be as tolerant of antis when they make the same sweeping generalisations as you, regarding shooters. 

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

sit back relax and watch the ship sink as the band of denial play on some people just have to learn the hard way 

Ok, so you enlighten us then, just what are Irish fox hunts guilty of? 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

As far as you know it’s far less widespread. 🤷‍♂️ Who knows?
I’m not closing my eyes at all, I just find it bewildering how you can readily condemn even people you don’t know, but as someone who has ‘ first hand experience across many places in the UK’ which I can only assume means you participated, I’ll bow to your superior knowledge. 
I can only assume you’ll be as tolerant of antis when they make the same sweeping generalisations as you, regarding shooters. 

Ok, so you enlighten us then, just what are Irish fox hunts guilty of? 

It is far less wide spread, for a start, hunting with hounds is banned on the main land, Ive seen 8 don't know how many hunts clearly hunting fox and not drag hunting, that is illegal. I can't recall the last time I saw a shooter do something illegal. 

I know alot of land owners up and down the country, I'm far from the only person to experience or witness problems with some of the hunts. 

If antis made sweeping generalisations about shooters it would simply be incorrect, I can't say the same about hunts in general. 

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It is far less wide spread, for a start, hunting with hounds is banned on the main land, Ive seen 8 don't know how many hunts clearly hunting fox and not drag hunting, that is illegal. I can't recall the last time I saw a shooter do something illegal. 

I know alot of land owners up and down the country, I'm far from the only person to experience or witness problems with some of the hunts. 

If antis made sweeping generalisations about shooters it would simply be incorrect, I can't say the same about hunts in general. 

Ok, so how many hunts have you reported to the authorities after witnessing their illegal activities? 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

all fox hunting is unnecessary cruelty if game shooting think they will survive by supporting it that’s fine by me it’s your funeral 

You haven’t answered the question, as usual. What are the Irish fox hunters guilty of? 
I’m no supporter of fox hunting, and have said so many times on this forum, and while I don’t really think it’s unnecessarily cruel, I do think it’s totally impractical and outdated as a means of pest control. If I enjoyed chasing things on horseback however, I’m sure I’d think it was great sport.
Why did you participate? 

I don't get involved in these conversations because it causes too much typing! We are having our liberties taken away not so slowly! Once they finally get hunting finished and they unfortunately will, shooting will be next. And they will come with more bile and venom than ever before because they'll have had their victory. For the most part the police don't want us to have guns and the anti movement is creeping through their ranks like a virus and the same with our politicians. Our organisations try....a bit...to fight our corner bur it's too little too late. If we're still shooting in 20yrs I will be astounded. We're at the ****ty end of the stick and it's only going to get ****tier.

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

You haven’t answered the question, as usual. What are the Irish fox hunters guilty of? 
I’m no supporter of fox hunting, and have said so many times on this forum, and while I don’t really think it’s unnecessarily cruel, I do think it’s totally impractical and outdated as a means of pest control. If I enjoyed chasing things on horseback however, I’m sure I’d think it was great sport.
Why did you participate? 

you had my answer you should know supporting cruelty is a mistake for game shooting but we are all entitled to learn the hard way 

40 minutes ago, clangerman said:

all fox hunting is unnecessary cruelty if game shooting think they will survive by supporting it that’s fine by me it’s your funeral 

+1. And the houndsports lobby were all to eager, time and time again, to say that shooting either left foxes maimed or crippled to die of gangrene and present lurid depictions of the dangers of shooting foxes at night with high powered rifles capable of killing at over a mile.

18 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I don't get involved in these conversations because it causes too much typing! We are having our liberties taken away not so slowly! Once they finally get hunting finished and they unfortunately will, shooting will be next. And they will come with more bile and venom than ever before because they'll have had their victory. For the most part the police don't want us to have guns and the anti movement is creeping through their ranks like a virus and the same with our politicians. Our organisations try....a bit...to fight our corner bur it's too little too late. If we're still shooting in 20yrs I will be astounded. We're at the ****ty end of the stick and it's only going to get ****tier.

You are bang on and it sickens me. I would love to take my lurcher out tonight and legally pile into a fox. Good bit of sport test the dog and kill some vermin. But oh no some lilly livered softy might get offended. Whoopy do cry me a river. So dam annoying this country has just gone tits and it will get much worse a lot quicker. Any shooters who sit on there high horses judging others it is only time before they get to you. We should all support each other and fight to open up field sports in all its forms not the reverse

15 minutes ago, clangerman said:

you had my answer you should know supporting cruelty is a mistake for game shooting but we are all entitled to learn the hard way 

No, you haven’t answered at all. The thread isn’t about cruelty, it’s about a vote on Irish fox hunts, in which another poster suggested it wouldn’t be a bad thing if they went the same way as the English ones because of their alleged illegal activities, no one mentioned cruelty until you did. Weirdly, neither of you appear to know just what it is they’ve done which is illegal though. 
I’ve already stated I don’t support fox hunting, and unlike you never have, but here you are again claiming I support it! 🤷‍♂️