Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I can't disagree - except that the law was introduced with the purpose to limit 'high risk gatherings' - and I don't think in this particular set of circumstances it was high risk.  Like all laws, it has to take a broad brush approach which doesn't allow practical interpretation.

I also can't disagree with the ideas that Boris presides over (or maybe his wife does?) a shambolic and disorganised No 10 where (at that time) competing factions (Carries cabal versus Cummings cronies) seem more interested in infighting than anything else.  Boris dithered in between.

I have incidentally never been a Boris 'fan'.  I think it fairly certain Cummings will engineer his downfall by a continuous stream of 'stolen' material.

Which sums them up nicely!

Sorry John, we will have to continue to disagree. The law never mind the haste or reasoning behind it, is simply the law? When the law as seemingly now doesn't apply to all we are finished and history proves that rule will transfer elsewhere?

We are well down that road already?

1 minute ago, old man said:

Sorry John, we will have to continue to disagree. The law never mind the haste or reasoning behind it, is simply the law? When the law as seemingly now doesn't apply to all we are finished and history proves that rule will transfer elsewhere?

We are well down that road already?

No problem, always happy to have and hear different opinions.  As you say - the law doesn't seem to apply as it once did; think Shell House ER protesters and Criminal Damage and Colston statue Criminal Damages charges.

I do however think that in this instance, the law should have allowed for gatherings of co-workers who work together to happen within the closed surround of the work premises.  It doesn't seem to be higher risk that working together and the rules were about reducing infection.

If you are at work (because you cannot work from home) - at lunchtime, eating your sandwich together (but distanced) and chatting non work topics in the office outdoor seated area would I think be an expectation? 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

If indeed there was a party, of which there seems little doubt, and Boris was there, then he deserves all that he gets really,,simply for being naive. If he goes however, then logic dictates each minister or government representative has to go also. 

Politics is a dirty game, and you don’t get to the top without making enemies, so just for being staggeringly naive believing that it would never come to light, is good enough reason for them to go. 
I expect all the underhanded, backstabbing, lies and deceit, because that’s what politicians do, but I don’t expect them to be naive. You don’t want someone that naive making policies that effect our dealings with other countries, you want someone who is prepared to lie and cheat to get what is best for us. 

Can't argue with that,  he'll probably say he hasn't answered the question because there was no party,  it was a work event. 

And let's face it, we all know politicians lie, anytime their lips move.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

You can twist it however you want but there were severe restrictions placed on peoples lives

Yes there were restrictions,  there still are, but that's largely because the general public couldn't or wouldn't do as asked so it was a case of everyone gets tard with the same brush, can anyone think of a time when those in charge didn't say one thing while doing another? 

People seem quick to forget what Boris has pulled off during the mess that is covid, vaccine roll out, the Furlough scheme,  something called Brexit and the country is still functioning,  that's pretty good going in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

With the right person at the helm, this type of 'balls-up' would never happen.

But who is that? They always mess up, Boris was messing up before he became PM and is still allowing it to happen. 

I think he'll have to be ousted by the Tories to be removed,  they've done it before with Margaret Thatcher but who wants to move into number 10?

16 hours ago, Scully said:

I’d go along with that. 

So would I.

The biggest problem I see with their garden party is that it's handing the Labour fruitloops and the likes of the BBC/Ch 4 yet more ammunition to use against Boris & Co.

Like most of Boris's bloomers it was all so avoidable.

I find myself wondering why, right from the start of the emergency powers, Boris didn't inform all No 10 staff, as well as his members in both houses, that they must obey all lockdown restrictions at all times and that any transgressors would be instantly out the door.

23 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Screenshot_20220112-111429_Gallery.jpg.82437efd328ba0c8b1bda716704327bd.jpg

News just in, Boris wasn't feeling well and has tested positive so won't make the commons this afternoon, but will address the nation from his garden, sorry office

Will his wife be present at the meeting with drinks and cheese as a non elected paid advisor and was she taking the minutes ?

Asked if I am allowed wine at next team meeting awaiting an answer !

Atb Agriv8 

2 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

In title yes … but with not a shred of integrity left.

Just like any politico.  But the same could be said about the baying mob of "journalists" who, in the main, were even worse offenders than the politicos they hound at ignoring the rules.

I see Starmer has it for the second time. Obviously obeying the guidance and rules to the letter then, but not a word said by the press.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Can't argue with that,  he'll probably say he hasn't answered the question because there was no party,  it was a work event. 

And let's face it, we all know politicians lie, anytime their lips move.

Yes there were restrictions,  there still are, but that's largely because the general public couldn't or wouldn't do as asked so it was a case of everyone gets tard with the same brush, can anyone think of a time when those in charge didn't say one thing while doing another? 

People seem quick to forget what Boris has pulled off during the mess that is covid, vaccine roll out, the Furlough scheme,  something called Brexit and the country is still functioning,  that's pretty good going in my eyes.

But who is that? They always mess up, Boris was messing up before he became PM and is still allowing it to happen. 

I think he'll have to be ousted by the Tories to be removed,  they've done it before with Margaret Thatcher but who wants to move into number 10?

You try telling that to someone that lost a loved one in hospital, the last time them seeing them as they went into hospital, never allowed to see them again, all for the greater good, not even allowed into their funeral due to the maximum set by the government, all while they enjoy a party in downing Street. Sorry its not going to wash with the public. I'm amazed anyone finds that acceptable. 

I have also worked right the way through this pandemic. 

What I'm wondering is what could it be that is so serious that the government -  in view of not a lot happening elsewhere and the possibility of a bored journalist tripping over it -  have orchestrated a minor cake and - you know what else - party to ensure that the medias' attention and all of the associated news broadcasts are diverted well away from it. There has to be something as, let's face it, this drivel achieves absolutely nothing in its own right except extending any period of grief unnecessarily for the poor folk adversely affected by the pandemic.

25 minutes ago, wymberley said:

What I'm wondering is what could it be that is so serious that the government -  in view of not a lot happening elsewhere and the possibility of a bored journalist tripping over it

I think it is more a case of Boris kept the lockdown away to divert from the parties that were leaked before Christmas - then someone (we know who) leaked this one.... and Boris had already played his Ace