Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

If they had anyone decent to replace him with he would be gone. 

Mogg seems to have the 1922 committee under wraps and Mogg is backing the PM. 

The party donors however who throw mega money at the party will be nervous about his election prospects, they can’t pull the strings if they can’t win the election. 

He is hanging on by a string … 

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

The party donors however who throw mega money at the party will be nervous about his election prospects, they can’t pull the strings if they can’t win the election. 

:good:

The only folk that can get rid of him are is own mob. After the PPB last evening, I suspect that for the time being that the string is high tensile and secured with a round turn and two half hitches

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Top donor John Caudwell, shame , thought he had more nous.

2 hours ago, amateur said:

IMG-20220113-WA0000.jpg.6fdff6653c34675c6c2898301d356ce3.jpg

Now that's a right pair?

For those who now feel the traditional UK two party system Conservative v Labour (with the very occasional Lib Dem coalition), now have a new choice to vote for. 

Gina Miller has launched the "True and Fair Party" to a room packed with umm 13 people.  After the record of the late an now forgotten "Change UK" who did actually have some MPs once (if only through defection after having been voted in standing for for the main parties).

4 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

To me that's very similar to football. When you hear a failing manager has the backing of the board, he is always sacked within a few weeks.

I also think there are more than enough MP's to trigger a leadership contest with the 1922. Once that's triggered he is a goner ,because all those still backing him will rally around their preferred candidates.

One final point, if the above is slow to happen. It would not surprise me if Cummings is still had some ammo left to deliver the final coup de gras

13 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

To me that's very similar to football. When you hear a failing manager has the backing of the board, he is always sacked within a few weeks.

I also think there are more than enough MP's to trigger a leadership contest with the 1922. Once that's triggered he is a goner ,because all those still backing him will rally around their preferred candidates.

One final point, if the above is slow to happen. It would not surprise me if Cummings is still had some ammo left to deliver the final coup de gras

They don’t have anyone decent to rally behind us the issue. 

He’s the best of a bad bunch. 

Rushi is the Up and comer, he’s not be tarred by any big scandal yet, but currently they will keep Johnson going until Covid is dying off, as otherwise whoever comes next just gets criticised for more covid nonsense they can’t do a whole lot about. 

Just like no one wanted to take over half way through sorting Brexit out, no one wants to take over half way through Covid. 

20 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just like no one wanted to take over half way through sorting Brexit out, no one wants to take over half way through Covid. 

Totally agree with that and in an ideal world I am sure that would be the preferred option of the Tories. However I get the feeling that the pressure and bad feeling will build to such high levels , he will have to be despatched 

44 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

They don’t have anyone decent to rally behind us the issue. 

He’s the best of a bad bunch. 

Rushi is the Up and comer, he’s not be tarred by any big scandal yet, but currently they will keep Johnson going until Covid is dying off, as otherwise whoever comes next just gets criticised for more covid nonsense they can’t do a whole lot about. 

100% why would anyone want to step up at the moment? Unless there are yet more photos and allegations that further damage the PM then they'll let him carry on till he chooses to step down saving face, having brought the country through an unprecedented time.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

100% why would anyone want to step up at the moment? Unless there are yet more photos and allegations that further damage the PM then they'll let him carry on till he chooses to step down saving face, having brought the country through an unprecedented time.

He hasn't brought the country through anything, time has passed that is all and we are where we are. His actions have been shambolic in line with Fergusons ridiculous predictions that he clung to.  Cabinet and his back benchers prevented an Omicron lockdown, where are the 6000 deaths a day Ferguson predicted?  He has trashed the economy on the back of modelling so wildly inaccurate  that whoever did them should be in jail. 

Edited by Weihrauch17

12 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

He hasn't brought the country through anything, time has passed that is all and we are where we are. We have the highest number of Covid deaths in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/08/uk-first-country-in-europe-to-pass-150000-covid-deaths-figures-show

is the reporting system different ?...........dont forget alot of folk that have died have died with a positive test of covid....not as a result of covid

is it formulated the same way elsewhere ?