Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

49 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Well someone took the photos and is slowly releasing them 😳

She has certainly wasted half a million on Barry!

Just now, ditchman said:

is the reporting system different ?...........dont forget alot of folk that have died have died with a positive test of covid....not as a result of covid

is it formulated the same way elsewhere ?

Maybe, nobody will ever know the true from not with Covid numbers I guess.  Sending infected patients back to Care Homes is the biggest scandal of all for me especially with Nightingales empty.

Edited by Weihrauch17

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

He hasn't brought the country through anything, time has passed that is all and we are where we are. His actions have been shambolic in line with Fergusons ridiculous predictions that he clung to.  Cabinet and his back benchers prevented an Omicron lockdown, where are the 6000 deaths a day Ferguson predicted?  He has trashed the economy on the back of modelling so wildly inaccurate  that whoever did them should be in jail. 

Yes the predictions were way out, and I'm glad, but what about the vaccine roll out, probably better the anyone else in Europe,  the Furlough scheme rolled out, most likely widely abused but hopefully over time that gets looked into.

We're is the trashed economy? The cabinet and backbenchers might have stopped another lockdown,  great that's why they're there isn't it, Scotland and Wales jumped straight in with added restrictions.

Time hasn't just gone by.

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Maybe, nobody will ever know the true from not with Covid numbers I guess.  Sending infected patients back to Care Homes is the biggest scandal of all for me especially with Nightingales empty.

That will no doubt be more investigations and rightly so, same with the Nightingales,  they looked good but there was probably never the staff needed too run them. 

Trashed economy we are well over 2 Trillion in debt and inflation going through the roof, looks pretty grim to me and partly due to his insane energy policy we are sat on huge riches he refuses to use but is happy to import at huge cost to us.  AZ developed the Vaccine and the NHS rolled it out, if Johnson had been involved it would have been a disaster.  Johnson hasn't brought us through anything, he is totally and utterly incompetent.  Furlough wasn't leadership it was simply money printing on a massive scale with huge economic consequences. Just my view :)

Edited by Weihrauch17

7 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Trashed economy we are well over 2 Trillion in debt and inflation going through the roof, looks pretty grim to me and partly due to his insane energy policy we are sat on huge riches he refuses to use but is happy to import at huge cost to us.  AZ developed the Vaccine and the NHS rolled it out, if Johnson had been involved it would have been a disaster.  Johnson hasn't brought us through anything, he is totally and utterly incompetent.  Furlough wasn't leadership it was simply money printing on a massive scale with huge economic consequences. Just my view 

Yes, just YOUR view!

Rather interesting that the Holier than thou attitude of Sir Keir Starmer has been called in to question!

"Labour is facing its own “booze row” after Conservative figures pointed out that Sir Keir Starmer had been pictured drinking a beer when the country was still under Covid restrictions."

18 hours ago, wymberley said:

:good:

The only folk that can get rid of him are is own mob. After the PPB last evening, I suspect that for the time being that the string is high tensile and secured with a round turn and two half hitches

More likely two round turns and a Griner 😁

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes, just YOUR view!

Nope mine too for the first bit over our idiotic energy situation? Belies any common sense to plunge our economy this way? 

I don't see any of the major exporters/importers of coal giving it up to the detriment of their economies but we will for some unfathomable reason? Because our politicos are stupid beyond belief?

6 minutes ago, old man said:

Nope mine too for the first bit over our idiotic energy situation? Belies any common sense to plunge our economy this way? 

I don't see any of the major exporters/importers of coal giving it up to the detriment of their economies but we will for some unfathomable reason? Because our politicos are stupid beyond belief?

I suspect its because they want to appear to be politically correct - bowing to the likes of Greta Thunderburg and extinction rebellion.

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I suspect its because they want to appear to be politically correct - bowing to the likes of Greta Thunderburg and extinction rebellion.

I would guess that it was before Greta had been indoctrinated that the idiots here, (Teflon and Boris from memory? ? ?) saw an opportunity for further self aggrandisement knowing that they themselves were fully insulated from any and all problems relating to the action proposed? Tiny, tin pot irrelevant country proposing preposterous unachievable actions that will be ignored by all others wishing only to pay lip service so they could get away as  quickly as possible?

The mood of the country may well change when large numbers are pushed below the poverty line by the energy crisis?

Me thinks interesting times ahead?

On 14/01/2022 at 07:15, Rim Fire said:

This morning headlines there was a party also in the basement and one of them went to the coop and filled up with wine on the eve of prince Philip funeral when the flags was flying at half-mast 

And now there is talk about a 30 odd bottle wine fridge that was installed in no 10 for wine down Fridays!

Back in my early career, it was normal to always offer drinks with 'conference room lunches' when we had customers/visitors. or take customers for a modest 'pub lunch'.  It was always relatively restrained (bottle of beer, or a glass of wine etc.) but then part of business hospitality.  Many of the visitors travelled by train and others shared cars, so drink driving not an issue.

Later (say 2005 onwards) our business lunches became 'dry' and many businesses I visited did the same.  Main reason seemed to be more people driving and so not wanting to drink.

The exception were a few (by no means all) large Gov't sites I occasionally visited where there was a bar and alcohol serving restaurant on site.  Again, many used public transport.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why do any of us have a problem with people having a drink at work?

Nothing wrong with it at all , I do it every day😁.

In this instance,  I don't think the actual drinking part is relevant to most people . I think the drinking is just the salt that's being rubbed into the very open wound.

58 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If it is right and proper, no problems but it wasn't on both counts. Would it be right to have a few drinks when on shift as a firefighter, paramedic, soldier? Probably not in most cases but it does happen, the number of parties and the sending out for more drink and the installation of a wine fridge shows that it was a culture of flagrantly disobedience to the rules of the time.

Alcohol on Government premises was banned following the death of two Government employees, who fell out of an office window in 1994. I presume that ban was subsequently lifted or is being ignored.

2 minutes ago, henry d said:

If it is right and proper, no problems but it wasn't on both counts. Would it be right to have a few drinks when on shift as a firefighter, paramedic, soldier? Probably not in most cases but it does happen, the number of parties and the sending out for more drink and the installation of a wine fridge shows that it was a culture of flagrantly disobedience to the rules of the time.

I have no problem with Firefighters, Paramedics or Soldiers having a drink at work after their shift has finished which is what I believe happened here.

Post work drinks, we used to do it in the RAF and I bet you did too in the RN.

Just now, Gordon R said:

Alcohol on Government premises was banned following the death of two Government employees, who fell out of an office window in 1994. I presume that ban was subsequently lifted or is being ignored.

Surprised that openable windows are allowed these days on government buildings.