Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have no problem with Firefighters, Paramedics or Soldiers having a drink at work after their shift has finished which is what I believe happened here.

Post work drinks, we used to do it in the RAF and I bet you did too in the RN.

But in this instance, during the period reported, that had been banned under the very laws they made. That is just completly unacceptable. 

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

But in this instance, during the period reported, that had been banned under the very laws they made. That is just completly unacceptable. 

Either you lead a very sheltered life, or are retired as it was happening in so many other professions and that’s only the ones I know of 😉

Heard this morning they are replacing the police at no 10 with bouncers 🤣

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Either you lead a very sheltered life, or are retired as it was happening in so many other professions and that’s only the ones I know of 😉

But they wasn't running the country and making the rules 

11 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

😂

No I get your point, but it's the hypocrisy of it, it is the very people who have forced others to be shut in doors and the obvious consequences of the laws they made, who have then breached them. 

Its something akin to  police officer dealing drugs, they should absolutely know better and practice what they preach, or they're not fit to hold public office. They should be held to a higher standard than the wildest general public. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have no problem with Firefighters, Paramedics or Soldiers having a drink at work after their shift has finished which is what I believe happened here.

Surprised that openable windows are allowed these days on government buildings.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surprised that openable windows are allowed these days on government buildings.

Crates, well boxes of beer cans were the NAAFI's main product line at sea years ago, musn't mention the tot - seems it might now be a very naughty bit of practice these days.

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Post work drinks, we used to do it in the RAF and I bet you did too in the RN....

BJ said that it was; "people at work, talking about work."

After a shift/watch yes, but it was not in a pandemic, weekly as it seems to be and next question that comes to mind is who paid for it?

We had beer, not pink gin 😉

Just now, henry d said:

BJ said that it was; "people at work, talking about work."

After a shift/watch yes, but it was not in a pandemic, weekly as it seems to be and next question that comes to mind is who paid for it?

We had beer, not pink gin 😉

Still not going to get my knickers in a twist over a bit of post work chat with a drink.

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Crates, well boxes of beer cans were the NAAFI's main product line at sea years ago, musn't mention the tot - seems it might now be a very naughty bit of practice these days.

Nah, lots of nutty and goffers too, had tot time on several occasions too, gunpowder proof!

12 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I have lived neither a sheltered life or a retired one! But during the first Lockdown, despite running my own business I and everyone else i know stuck to the rules. 

The only people it turns out that didn’t abided by the rules is the MP’s.

If you can provide evidence of you partying in the first lockdown with a load of mates then I’m willing to reconsider. But you can’t because you didn’t do it, and neither did anyone but the MP’s.    

40 minutes ago, zipdog said:

If you can provide evidence of you partying in the first lockdown with a load of mates then I’m willing to reconsider. But you can’t because you didn’t do it, and neither did anyone but the MP’s.    

Sorry my friend but that's a very blinkered view, from your perspective only 🤔

There were many, many people who didn't take a blind bit of notice of the "rules" and carried on regardless.  Most of them were in the 15-25 age bracket I'd say.  Who can blame them really?  A 20 year old me would have stuck it to the man and flouted every covid law they made!

However I know a fair few pension-aged people who simply denounced the lockdown laws and took the attitude that it wasn't going to change their lives.

As always, the crime is getting caught.

Storm in a teacup, let's get on with life.......

1 hour ago, Jim Neal said:

There were many, many people who didn't take a blind bit of notice of the "rules" and carried on regardless.  Most of them were in the 15-25 age bracket I'd say.  Who can blame them really?  A 20 year old me would have stuck it to the man and flouted every covid law they made!

However I know a fair few pension-aged people who simply denounced the lockdown laws and took the attitude that it wasn't going to change their lives.

I am definitely not a friend of someone spouting them opinions. 

Nearly everyone in the 15-25 year old age bracket abided to the rules. As a young(ish) person myself it is insulting of you to suggest otherwise. 

We was told from the very start of this thing that Covid-19 was unlikely to affect us badly, but it was our duty to ‘lockdown’ for the good of the older generation. Lockdown we did.

I agree that a fair few of the ‘old boys’ (80+) decided that lockdown wasn’t for them but that wasn’t the 15-25 year old age bracket as you so claim!

As above I love to see pictures of you, and all your badass mates, and all the 25 year olds, breaking the first lockdown rules, Im confident you have none. 

5 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

This storm in a teacup is turning into a tsunami 

11 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

This storm in a teacup is turning into a tsunami 

I get why he's annoyed, he's spent the last two years sticking to the law as he believed it necessary for the good of his fellow citizens, particularly the old and vulnerable, I'm also sure it will have negatively affected his business, he's now discovered he was hoodwinked by the very people who made the rules he followed, as they clearly haven't followed their own laws. 

Now imagine how angry someone who lost a family member is, where the last time they saw them they went into hospital and were blocked from seeing them. 

4 hours ago, zipdog said:

I am definitely not a friend of someone spouting them opinions. 

Nearly everyone in the 15-25 year old age bracket abided to the rules. As a young(ish) person myself it is insulting of you to suggest otherwise. 

We was told from the very start of this thing that Covid-19 was unlikely to affect us badly, but it was our duty to ‘lockdown’ for the good of the older generation. Lockdown we did.

I agree that a fair few of the ‘old boys’ (80+) decided that lockdown wasn’t for them but that wasn’t the 15-25 year old age bracket as you so claim!

As above I love to see pictures of you, and all your badass mates, and all the 25 year olds, breaking the first lockdown rules, Im confident you have none. 

I know plenty of folk of all ages who had sneaky little drinks parties and get togethers during lockdown, even a hot tub party, but only politicians with an agenda are devious ( or stupid ) enough to take photographs. 

For those that think its no big deal that the PM and powers that be broke their own rules.

Do you think that having broke the rules or at the very least bent then to near breaking point and then lied about it the PM would be a fit person to hold a FAC?

Edited by bluesj

9 hours ago, zipdog said:

I have lived neither a sheltered life or a retired one! But during the first Lockdown, despite running my own business I and everyone else i know stuck to the rules. 

Hello, I think your find it was not only MPs that broke the COVID rules, Quite a few party organisers find £10, 000

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, I really wasn't expecting this turn of events.   

Certain peeps need to chill a bit , no figures are available either way so this fairly pointless maybe? Good and bad everywhere? As said getting caught with evidence a problem?

2 hours ago, bluesj said:

For those that think its no big deal that the PM and powers that be broke their own rules.

Do you think that having broke the rules or at the very least bent then to near breaking point and then lied about it the PM would be a fit person to hold a FAC?

Those that do won't be losing them unlike the seeming situation now where any minor offence committed by a ticket holder is being used against them under the anti social behaviour banner?