Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

No the seat is now Labour even though the electorate voted Tory, I suspect he will be kicked out at the next GE on principal.

Very odd, I caught something on the ten o'clock news showing him walking across the HP, but I don't understand how that makes the seat Labour, not when the voters voted Tory.

But they also said it may have united back benchers?

Then Starmer started going on about a party on the 20th of May?? Which year are they on about now??

4 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

2020, 100 invited to a BYOB Party in Downing street in the middle of lockdown for the Plebs.  Yes apparently you can just change parties and 2 fingers up to those who voted for you, most bizarre!

Didn't Winston Churchill do it twice?

Christian Wakeford had a majority of 400 2019 election a seat that had been labour since 1997 according to Wikipedia.

So to cross the house now and stand at the next election as a labour candidate may be a wise move.

Also he had a dodge deal with a council that paid him £22000 + and only went to 1 meeting in 6 months.

The electors will decide this despicable character's future! 

21 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

According to the news this morning Boris had to isolate because his 6 week old baby had covid and was very ill surely we would have heard something about it hope he is not using the baby to get out of jail 

Had to isolate?  When?  He held PMQs in the House yesterday lunchtime!

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

Very odd, I caught something on the ten o'clock news showing him walking across the HP, but I don't understand how that makes the seat Labour, not when the voters voted Tory.

But they also said it may have united back benchers?

Then Starmer started going on about a party on the 20th of May?? Which year are they on about now??

Shaun Woodward - predecessor to David Cameron - in the Witney seat crossed the house to Labour in 1999 after being sacked from the cabinet - he had no chance of holding that seat as they would elect in a cray fish as long as it was on a blue ticket - so they stood him as the candidate for St Helens South - who would vote in a rock if it was on a red ticket. I lived in the former at the time, but originally from the latter. He remained an MP until 2013

14 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The rules seem very wrong to me, the local electorate voted Tory.

Surely, there are no rules anymore?

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

According to the news this morning Boris had to isolate because his 6 week old baby had covid and was very ill surely we would have heard something about it hope he is not using the baby to get out of jail 

Oh dear, not doubting the veracity of our beloved PM are you? 😄

11 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

2020, 100 invited to a BYOB Party in Downing street in the middle of lockdown for the Plebs.  Yes apparently you can just change parties and 2 fingers up to those who voted for you, most bizarre!

What's bizarre is how people get brainwashed by the party system. The right and normal thing to do is vote for the man/woman who you think is going to do their best for their constituency. Unless you have money or property in which case you vote tory and what's right goes by the board. THAT'S whats bizarre.

9 minutes ago, toxo said:

What's bizarre is how people get brainwashed by the party system. The right and normal thing to do is vote for the man/woman who you think is going to do their best for their constituency. Unless you have money or property in which case you vote tory and what's right goes by the board. THAT'S whats bizarre.

Or if your great-grandfather, grandfather and father always voted labour so you do the same, despite the fact that postwar prosperity has lifted your income to heights that they could only have dreamt of and your labour vote brings in the hard left, wrecks the economy and ensures that your children will not have the same advantages that you did.

7 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

The key issue is now the investigation ... due next week.

By all accounts Sue Gray is very well respected on all sides, and has a long history of 'doing the right thing' even if it's against the 'big man'.

If her report gives Boris a chance, he may well hang on.

If it's damming, then he'll have to go.

I imagine if the report slates him then that's when he'll get voted out, until then it's name calling and cat calls from our valued and honourable MPs 🙄🙄

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I imagine if the report slates him then that's when he'll get voted out, until then it's name calling and cat calls from our valued and honourable MPs 🙄🙄

Their sole goal at the moment appears to be to impoverish the Nation at the altar of Green, what value do any of them add to anything.

14 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Their sole goal at the moment appears to be to impoverish the Nation at the altar of Green, what value do any of them add to anything.

Well someone has to do the job, probably,  and power corrupts.  If the lot were replaced I'm sure it wouldn't be long before we were back at this point again. 

As for the green thing, I doubt they believe it, its just a tax excuse.

The Sue Gray report ,whatever the findings ,could well not be sufficient to move him. He may have spent his nine lives , but then again he may have a few more . However if the opinion polls remain terrible for long enough and don't drastically improve, he will definitely not survive. I am sure the Tories all know and accept he is finished. It's now just a game they are playing till they see the perfect time to pull the trigger.

2 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

The Sue Gray report ,whatever the findings ,could well not be sufficient to move him. He may have spent his nine lives , but then again he may have a few more . However if the opinion polls remain terrible for long enough and don't drastically improve, he will definitely not survive. I am sure the Tories all know and accept he is finished. It's now just a game they are playing till they see the perfect time to pull the trigger.

Except they do not have anybody to replace him at the moment.