Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mice! said:

Saying on BBC  now that the report is finished and could be handed over today.

I'm only surprised it hasn't already been leaked.

Perhaps Sue Gray is one of the (apparently now almost extinct) civil servants who remain free from leaks and just do the job they are paid to do without allowing personal opinion/bias/publicity seeking to interfere with her job?

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

Perhaps Sue Gray is one of the (apparently now almost extinct) civil servants who remain free from leaks and just do the job they are paid to do without allowing personal opinion/bias/publicity seeking to interfere with her job?

It certainly makes a nice change, opposition parties aren't happy that they won't see it before Boris speaks today or won't have enough time to go over it?

10 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It must really lambast the civil servants otherwise it would have been all this morning.  The civil service has more leaks than Wales on March 1st when it suits.

And that's an area that could go with a good sorting out by people possessing that seemingly most elusive elements in parliamentary circles?............ Basic common sense and integrity?

Trying to see through the fog, just who from which mob could find enough common sense and trust to lead us out of this mess? 

As least the EU seem to have a better class of slimy politicos than us now and more of them? 😃

On 24/01/2022 at 19:25, Weihrauch17 said:

Yes before he bankrupts the country with his insane unachievable and insanely expensive Nett Zero agenda, we need a rational grown up in charge not a man driven only by the regularity of his leg over.   We need to can Electric cars, Heat Pumps, Housing Energy Ratings and kick start utilising our own Energy resources ASAP and we can't do that with him and his Mrs in situ.  The whole economy needs cheap reliable energy, he is driving inflation through the roof which will seriously impact low earners, Pensioners and Manufacturing Industries.  Covid and Johnsons Covid policies made me a Pensioner so I can't afford Johnson!

No. You don't understand. This is all about pricing the plebs off the roads so that the patricians in their new Teslas and electric Jaguars no longer have to sit behind me in my fourteen years old Mazda 2. For if you can't afford it then "on your bike son". Or get a bus. 

On 24/01/2022 at 19:25, Weihrauch17 said:

Yes before he bankrupts the country with his insane unachievable and insanely expensive Nett Zero agenda, we need a rational grown up in charge not a man driven only by the regularity of his leg over.   We need to can Electric cars, Heat Pumps, Housing Energy Ratings and kick start utilising our own Energy resources ASAP and we can't do that with him and his Mrs in situ.  The whole economy needs cheap reliable energy, he is driving inflation through the roof which will seriously impact low earners, Pensioners and Manufacturing Industries.  Covid and Johnsons Covid policies made me a Pensioner so I can't afford Johnson!

I warned about inflation a while ago but a number of factors are currently driving it, can't blame it all on Boris.

When you refer to our own energy services, are you suggesting Nuclear? If so I agree in principle but previous decisions to massively scale back on that means that even if a change of policy occurred it would take years to come to fruition, not to mention that somehow nuclear has become a dirty word from a public perspective.

The reality is that electric cars are hear to stay, the source of power may change but electric drive is the now and future.

17 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

........When you refer to our own energy services, are you suggesting Nuclear? If so I agree in principle but previous decisions to massively scale back on that means that even if a change of policy occurred it would take years to come to fruition, not to mention that somehow nuclear has become a dirty word from a public perspective......

Isn't the future of acceptable nuclear power lots of the Rolls Royce made mini generators used in nuclear subs and spread around the country?

Proven technology rather than the big experimental power plants

43 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I warned about inflation a while ago but a number of factors are currently driving it, can't blame it all on Boris.

When you refer to our own energy services, are you suggesting Nuclear? If so I agree in principle but previous decisions to massively scale back on that means that even if a change of policy occurred it would take years to come to fruition, not to mention that somehow nuclear has become a dirty word from a public perspective.

The reality is that electric cars are hear to stay, the source of power may change but electric drive is the now and future.

I mean all fuel sources including our huge Fossil Fuel reserves that the Government refuses to use.  We are happy to import Fracked US Gas at huge cost but refuse to harvest our own, an insane policy.  We can't stop using Fossil Fuels until we have cost effective and reliable alternatives which Solar and Wind are most certainly not.

In regards to Power, these should be national and sourced where we can using our own sources of fuel for the power, be it Wind, Solar, Tidal, Coal, Nuclear.

Instead, the government bribes companies like Hitatchi (I think it was) with a cost per unit of Electricity to come and build a Nuclear (and the same goes on for Wind and Solar) that is extortionate because 'we' have to pay it. 

It is exactly the same as the PFI scandal with Hospitals etc......

Where does our Taxes go - because it ain't doing the majority of us any good

5 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

No. You don't understand. This is all about pricing the plebs off the roads so that the patricians in their new Teslas and electric Jaguars no longer have to sit behind me in my fourteen years old Mazda 2. For if you can't afford it then "on your bike son". Or get a bus. 

Mm, Barren Tebbit coined that one I think, another useless man, he said it with a bit too much glee for me at the time, redundant again with a young family.

3 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Looking forward to electric cars, the tower blocks and pavement festooned with copper cables ripe for theft and tripping?

3 hours ago, amateur said:

Isn't the future of acceptable nuclear power lots of the Rolls Royce made mini generators used in nuclear subs and spread around the country?

Proven technology rather than the big experimental power plants

No doubt the technology here but security impossible unless on large secure sites with armed guards 24/7/52?

2 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I mean all fuel sources including our huge Fossil Fuel reserves that the Government refuses to use.  We are happy to import Fracked US Gas at huge cost but refuse to harvest our own, an insane policy.  We can't stop using Fossil Fuels until we have cost effective and reliable alternatives which Solar and Wind are most certainly not.

We have nearly stopped using fossils already, those in charge won't be the ones with out heat and power by design and paid for by the public purse?

1 hour ago, discobob said:

In regards to Power, these should be national and sourced where we can using our own sources of fuel for the power, be it Wind, Solar, Tidal, Coal, Nuclear.

Instead, the government bribes companies like Hitatchi (I think it was) with a cost per unit of Electricity to come and build a Nuclear (and the same goes on for Wind and Solar) that is extortionate because 'we' have to pay it. 

It is exactly the same as the PFI scandal with Hospitals etc......

Where does our Taxes go - because it ain't doing the majority of us any good

Yes Bob, all sold off already, the owners of our utilities would never sell back the goose with the golden eggs.

Mm, PFI, another nail, hospitals now run by Virgin and Sodexo, ambulances going too. Land gifted never to return?

All done for our benefit.........not likely i agree.

4 hours ago, old man said:

Mm, Barren Tebbit coined that one I think

He's very often villified due to a deliberately misquoted sentence, falsely portraying him instructing unemployed people to "get on your bike" and look for work - an injustice he's never been able to shake off.  The actual sentence was as follows:

I grew up in the 30s with an unemployed father. He didn't riot; he got on his bike and looked for work and he kept looking 'til he found it

Edited by Jim Neal

I wish someone would point out to Sir Kier Bloody Starmer that with all his pointless bluster, he still will never govern this country.

At a time when a decent opposition should be able to hold the government to account and potentially replace them.

He and his useless team are getting absolutely no where.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I wish someone would point out to Sir Kier Bloody Starmer that with all his pointless bluster, he still will never govern this country.

At a time when a decent opposition should be able to hold the government to account and potentially replace them.

He and his useless team are getting absolutely no where.

Has he managed to answer the question he was asked at 7am yet?

I really hope Boris comes out and says they have looked at the report and are happy but will be releasing no details, Starmer will throw a proper hissy fit, but then still say effectively nothing.

BUT if the report does do enough to get the party( no cheese and wine or birthday cake) to vote Boris out, he goes, someone else steps up and we move on.

maybe then they can all get back to doing something useful 😅😅😅

Can you really imagine enough of the Conservative Party voting Boris out?

Further more, what buffoon would be stupid enough to replace the buffoon in post?

Boris will bluster it out and keep running the country, no one else wants the job!

Starmer would run a bloody mile, Ed Davy has nothing to offer.

There is no alternative to what is already there.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Further more, what buffoon would be stupid enough to replace the buffoon in post?

Boris will bluster it out and keep running the country, no one else wants the job!

This. 

But what this country really needs is a new political party, one that stands for the average person on the street we need a massive system wide shake up of not only our political system but also all the arms of government and the countrys institutions. 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

41 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

This. 

But what this country really needs is a new political party, one that stands for the average person on the street we need a massive system wide shake up of not only our political system but also all the arms of government and the countrys institutions. 

That will do it.

No question this country needs a serious political shakeup but being realistic, who would want/or you want, to run the country right now.

It's all very well getting rid of Boris, but what/who then??????