Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

42 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Council tax rises coming don't forget those people will have less disposable income so something has to give and the economy as a whole will suffe

42 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

guy at the end of my street has been building a big extension over the last year and he told me his material costs are 45k over his original budget and he knows what he is doing he has done quite a few projects.

I don't see how he can be 45k over on materials,  that's crazy, yes things have gone up, but not that much.

Unfortunately house prices have been too high for a while and post covid demand has pushed them higher still, first time buyers have struggled for ages and that's nothing new.

As for May, the party in charge always gets a kicking in the local elections, probably because they always do things that us voters aren't happy about.

48 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Council tax rises coming don't forget those people will have less disposable income so something has to give and the economy as a whole will suffer.

Again, they go up every year, which people? We're all paying it, a lot of people have been simply splashing money during the lockdowns and this has been discussed on here many times, a lot of people need to learn to live within their means, instead of splashing out money on sky, phones , take aways, cars, etc.... the list would go on.

I realise that rises will hit people like pensioners on a fixed income , but again they go up all the time.

57 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

It was tongue in cheek, but a 24 year age gap she could be his daughter.   Maybe I should have pheased it better

That's why it made me laugh, she's definitely had an effect and not for the better that I can see.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/01/2022 at 10:49, Scully said:

So do I but other than voting for a particular person or party what can we do? What do you think we should do? 

Appoliges been rather busy lately. 

Your quite right, we're all small cogs in a huge machine. In my opinion I think we should start backing some smaller parties like Farage's latest and give the cons something to worry about if they won't deliver what it's voters want. 

On the matter of Boris's partys, there must be a consequence for him (if proved he broke the law), all politicians lie, however, it would appear the prime minister and many others have breached their own laws, some of the most draconian laws that were imposed on people whether they wanted them or not and if there is no consequence for that, its the very start of a slippery slope towards a dictatorship, where the law only apply to the people and not the privileged, I do not wish to live in a country like that. 

42 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

very start of a slippery slope towards a dictatorship, where the law only apply to the people and not the privileged, I do not wish to live in a country like that. 

Quite sure it's been like that for a long time now, look at how rich folk use fancy Lawyers or Barristers to exploit loop holes in the laws.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Quite sure it's been like that for a long time now, look at how rich folk use fancy Lawyers or Barristers to exploit loop holes in the laws.

Very true, but why should we accept it when we can do something about it? 

At what point would you like to draw the line and see action taken? A prime minister who is caught committing assault? rape? murder on British soil? 

Like I said, it's a slippery slope and if we accept this, where do we stop? 

17 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

At what point would you like to draw the line and see action taken? A prime minister who is caught committing assault? rape? murder on British soil? 

I think you’re getting a little carried away with the comments in your middle paragraph. 
No one is going to do anything; it’s one thing coming on here and having a rant and a whinge, but apart from a protest vote at the next opportunity, what are you going to do, or any of us for that matter? 

29 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

you can’t do anything about it that’s why all they allow you to have is a vote they might as well go for the full house committed almost every other crime! 

50 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

1 hour ago, RockySpears said:

Loop holes are loop holes, no laws broken.  Tax avoidance is perfectly legal, Tax evasion is not.

RS

It can be all sorts, the tax stuff is a good example but not one I was thinking about,  look how often rich folk gag the media,  or get out of speeding fines and the like, because they can afford and have the time to fight these things.

I can't imagine them getting away with serious crimes though.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I can't imagine them getting away with serious crimes though.

Getting away with anything is serious in my opinion.

Learned a fair bit about litigation payoffs from Alex Belfield or the Prince Andrew stuff.  It seems that if you are offered what a court thinks is sufficient money by your opponent then you have to take it and any case you might want to bring against them does not happen.  It seems that it is quite legal to literally "buy your way out",

So much for Justice,

RS

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I think you’re getting a little carried away with the comments in your middle paragraph. 
No one is going to do anything; it’s one thing coming on here and having a rant and a whinge, but apart from a protest vote at the next opportunity, what are you going to do, or any of us for that matter? 

That's the whole point in my opinion. He's broken the law, not bent a rule or used a loophole, people have been financially ruined by his laws that he has broken himself. If he and others are allowed to get away with it, where is the line that action is taken, my examples are purposefully over the top. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's the whole point in my opinion. He's broken the law, not bent a rule or used a loophole, people have been financially ruined by his laws that he has broken himself. If he and others are allowed to get away with it, where is the line that action is taken, my examples are purposefully over the top. 

So if you feel so strongly about it, what do you intend to do? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

So if you feel so strongly about it, what do you intend to do? 

I'll be voting for someone other than Conservatives at the next election, I also could never bring myself to vote for Labour, libs, or the greens so it'll be a smaller party, I also expect to see action taken by the police if its proved he and other politicians broke the law. If not, I will log a complaint and write to my MP. 

20 hours ago, Mice! said:

I don't see how he can be 45k over on materials,  that's crazy, yes things have gone up, but not that much.

Unfortunately house prices have been too high for a while and post covid demand has pushed them higher still, first time buyers have struggled for ages and that's nothing new.

As for May, the party in charge always gets a kicking in the local elections, probably because they always do things that us voters aren't happy about.

Again, they go up every year, which people? We're all paying it, a lot of people have been simply splashing money during the lockdowns and this has been discussed on here many times, a lot of people need to learn to live within their means, instead of splashing out money on sky, phones , take aways, cars, etc.... the list would go on.

I realise that rises will hit people like pensioners on a fixed income , but again they go up all the time.

That's why it made me laugh, she's definitely had an effect and not for the better that I can see.

His extension is nearly as big as my 3 bed Edwardian Terraced house.  Plus he has done a double garage and a Stone and Oak Pergola with stone flags.  It's very very nice.

Edited by Weihrauch17

5 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

His extension is nearly as big as my 3 bed Edwardian Terraced house.  Plus he has done a double garage and a Stone and Oak Pergola with stone flags.  It's very very nice.

Well that makes more sense 😳

5 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'll be voting for someone other than Conservatives at the next election, I also could never bring myself to vote for Labour, libs, or the greens so it'll be a smaller party, I also expect to see action taken by the police if its proved he and other politicians broke the law. If not, I will log a complaint and write to my MP. 

Unfortunately you might as well save yourself the hassle and go shooting. 

But I can see where you're coming from. 

Hello, we could well do with another political party , but finding the right candidates is another matter, the last election a lot of people voted conservative as did not want the loony labour headed by Corbyn, the COVID pandemic was not on the agenda at this time, it was who Corbyn was going to put in his cabinet, Diane Abbot for treasury minister 🤔, fast forward now and most people see Boris has let the whole country down with his lies on the Parties, he could not follow his own rules while the country was in lockdown, people could not see their love ones, and many died, unfortunately now is not the time to change prime minister as those conservative backing Boris are of the same mindset, we all are going to take a big hit on the cost of living until we get control of COVID, our NHS get back to some sort of normality,  we may well get a new election, even a new Party to vote for then maybe Boris will leave by the back door in disgrace and join the house of lords , as a side note, I can still remember my mother saying of Harold Wilson, quote, what a nice man 🤔🙄, I'm afraid in today's conservative  politics decent  values have have gone out the window of number 10

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Boris was truly dire in the House yesterday. Pathetically repeating that we should wait for the Police report, when the world and his wife know how he flouted the law and misled parliament.

He got us out of the EU and, despite a few hiccups, got us through Covid, but his usefulness has run out. Time to replace him with someone with integrity. Step forward Tom Tugendhat.

Edited by Gordon R

Johnson has a pop at Starmer regarding Jimmy Saville. So who...please...gave Saville a knighthood against the wish of her civil servants? Oh. yes. It was Margaret Thatcher. Tory Prime Minister who overruled them.

And if Starmer is culpable for his subordinates (who were the ones NOT Starmer who actually handled the issue) then by implication Johnson is also culpable for ALL lockdown breaches at Downing Street is he not?

I feel sorry for Boris ( don't boo me , I know this mess is all his own fault) .  I feel sorry for him , and I feel disloyal for saying its his own fault , and that he deserves all he gets.

With brexit and covid under his belt , the country should be carrying him on their shoulders ,erecting statues in his honour , and having national Boris day . Instead , he'll be leaving number 10 with his head bowed , because he just couldn't stop being a damned fool.

I'm not angry Boris,  I'm just disappointed. 

37 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I feel sorry for Boris ( don't boo me , I know this mess is all his own fault) .  I feel sorry for him , and I feel disloyal for saying its his own fault , and that he deserves all he gets.

With brexit and covid under his belt , the country should be carrying him on their shoulders ,erecting statues in his honour , and having national Boris day . Instead , he'll be leaving number 10 with his head bowed , because he just couldn't stop being a damned fool.

I'm not angry Boris,  I'm just disappointed. 

That about sums it up for me too. :good: