Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I feel sorry for Boris ( don't boo me , I know this mess is all his own fault) .  I feel sorry for him , and I feel disloyal for saying its his own fault , and that he deserves all he gets.

With brexit and covid under his belt , the country should be carrying him on their shoulders ,erecting statues in his honour , and having national Boris day . Instead , he'll be leaving number 10 with his head bowed , because he just couldn't stop being a damned fool.

I'm not angry Boris,  I'm just disappointed. 

Great Post 👍

My only fear now is who will replace him, there very few in any of the big political parties who I would trust and many more I would trust much, much less. 

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Great Post 👍

My only fear now is who will replace him, there very few in any of the big political parties who I would trust and many more I would trust much, much less. 

You , me , and pretty much the rest of the country 👍.

On 01/02/2022 at 14:36, mel b3 said:

I feel sorry for Boris ( don't boo me , I know this mess is all his own fault) .  I feel sorry for him , and I feel disloyal for saying its his own fault , and that he deserves all he gets.

With brexit and covid under his belt , the country should be carrying him on their shoulders ,erecting statues in his honour , and having national Boris day . Instead , he'll be leaving number 10 with his head bowed , because he just couldn't stop being a damned fool.

Likewise.

On 31/01/2022 at 18:47, 12gauge82 said:

I'll be voting for someone other than Conservatives at the next election, I also could never bring myself to vote for Labour, libs, or the greens so it'll be a smaller party, I also expect to see action taken by the police if its proved he and other politicians broke the law. If not, I will log a complaint and write to my MP. 

I remember somebody being very upset about an issue. So much so, this chap said he would write to his M.P. 

I always remember the advice he was given by the old sage he was talking to.

"Don't waste your stamp lad".

Still makes me chuckle.

Edited by redial

On 01/02/2022 at 14:36, mel b3 said:

Good words that echo what most people I`ve spoken to think .Disappointed that he has squandered a great chance for the country ........

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Pretty damning resignation letter from Ms Mirza after 14 years working with Bojo...

Said on the 6 o'clock news that someone else has gone.

From what I caught about Ms M it was because Boris wouldn't apologise for the Jimmy remark, given the drivel the shout at each other in the house I find that quite strange. 

48 minutes ago, Mice! said:

From what I caught about Ms M it was because Boris wouldn't apologise for the Jimmy remark, given the drivel the shout at each other in the house I find that quite strange. 

I can't help but wonder, if like 3 others today, Ms M was due to become a sacrificial partygate lamb and got her knife in first. 

That'll be another conspiracy theory I guess. :big_boss:

53 minutes ago, Mice! said:

She is a mate of Rishi who is making his move, I don't want him either.  He just prints and spends extremely badly.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I'm not fully up to speed on it all , but I think that it's a matter of public record , that starmer had no knowledge of Saville , and his wrongdoings.  For Boris Johnson to sling mud on such a vile subject( especially when it appears not to be true ) , is a particularly low blow , even for a politician. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

I'm not fully up to speed on it all , but I think that it's a matter of public record , that starmer had no knowledge of Saville , and his wrongdoings.  For Boris Johnson to sling mud on such a vile subject( especially when it appears not to be true ) , is a particularly low blow , even for a politician. 

Starmer was in charge of the department but not on the case if I heard it right.

2 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

She is a mate of Rishi who is making his move, I don't want him either.  He just prints and spends extremely badly.

He was on with LK denied any knowledge of the parties going on outside his house, he was working hard and it was two years ago he said, he also said of cake gate that he simply walked in on a meeting like any other day.

So he could well be getting his ducks in a row.

Also saw him on the Martin Lewis programme when I was brewing up so he's getting some air time.

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Starmer was in charge of the department but not on the case if I heard it right.

He was on with LK denied any knowledge of the parties going on outside his house, he was working hard and it was two years ago he said, he also said of cake gate that he simply walked in on a meeting like any other day.

So he could well be getting his ducks in a row.

Also saw him on the Martin Lewis programme when I was brewing up so he's getting some air time.

The person, regardless of who was in charge of the department should have made dang sure action was being taken against Saville in my opinion, but at about that time the establishment weren't taking child abuse as seriously as they ought to have. I think Boris just flustered it out the wong way and as its bury Boris week it blew up in his face.

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Was it not a reply to Starmer saying along the lines, that Boris is in charge so the buck stops with him?

If so, Boris kind of has a point, Starmer can't have it both ways, either those in charge are ultimately responsible, or they are not. Not those in charge are responsible when it suits. It's just more hypocrisy.

If not it is just gutter politics, but that wouldn't surprise me.

13 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

I used to e mail mine but always got a rely that was an annoyingly arrogant the Govt knows best, don't bother now I will never vote Tory again.

Interestingly, I heard on the radio this morning, in the latest by-election it had the highest percentage of spoiled ballot papers, with spoiled papers coming in second behind the elected candidate. 

I think that's a very sorry reflection of our so called democracy, regardless of which major party. 

On party gate, it takes more than one person to have a party and in my opinion changing the leader will do very little, although if he was involved he should be punished, what needs to happen is a massive change across our entire political system, the fact that our so called leaders felt safe to host parties while rubbing shoulders with chums in the media, while we're all locked in our houses shows what a corrupt system we all live under. 

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

That could have been it . I just saw someone being interviewed ( I think it was a Conservative mp) , and he said that it was well known that starmer had no knowledge of Saville , and how bad it was of Boris to use such a slur.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

Was it not a reply to Starmer saying along the lines, that Boris is in charge so the buck stops with him?

If so, Boris kind of has a point, Starmer can't have it both ways, either those in charge are ultimately responsible, or they are not. Not those in charge are responsible when it suits. It's just more hypocrisy.

If not it is just gutter politics, but that wouldn't surprise me.

I think my reply to Boris might have been , yes I was in charge , but I didn't go to one of savilles parties !.

I'm not really that interested in politics usually  , but I'm looking at things at the moment,  and just shaking my head.

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

And this is one thing I would agree with Johnson on - in principle.  Every 'Head Of' Govt/Dept/Company ultimately holds responsibility for all that Govt/Dept/Company does.  Many good (as well as bad) people have lost positions on that basis.  You are right in that Starmer cannot have it both ways.

However, bringing up the very toxic 'Saville' was wrong.