Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Stonepark said:

Whether he has lied or not about other things is immaterial if he has physical proof of Boris also lying and misleading parliment and the public.

I honestly don't care, half the population were doing the same thing, it was in downing Street all locked away, and was a year ago,

All those who want Boris gone do they realise the Tory party stay in power with a huge majority, they won't call an election with an 80 seat majority.

It's just gutter politics led mainly by labour who are in no state to lead the local fete let alone the country.

Cummings just shows himself as a bitter and twisted child.

2 hours ago, welsh1 said:

I honestly don't care, half the population were doing the same thing, it was in downing Street all locked away, and was a year ago,

All those who want Boris gone do they realise the Tory party stay in power with a huge majority, they won't call an election with an 80 seat majority.

It's just gutter politics led mainly by labour who are in no state to lead the local fete let alone the country.

It is gutter politics but I do care. There are people who were unable to say goodbye to dieing relatives in hospitals, or attend funerals as a final fairwell, or people of previous good character fined and even arrested for breach of corona laws, no given criminal records due to the laws him and his party made. If they were partying it up while at the same time forcing others to endure that, its unforgivable. 

7 hours ago, welsh1 said:

what i will say Welsh is two wrongs don't make  it right and also practice what you preach 

I started this thread but since then things have moved on a bit. I think this party thing will leave a nasty taste in many, but it is already blowing over. Seems like boris and co gamble on holding back on restrictions could possibly pay off due to the latest data on severity of omicron. If the gamble proves right and we escape an unnecessary lockdown and the collateral damage they cause, Boris could gain brownie points and gain some wiggle room.

12 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I started this thread but since then things have moved on a bit. I think this party thing will leave a nasty taste in many, but it is already blowing over. Seems like boris and co gamble on holding back on restrictions could possibly pay off due to the latest data on severity of omicron. If the gamble proves right and we escape an unnecessary lockdown and the collateral damage they cause, Boris could gain brownie points and gain some wiggle room.

It is starting to look like that!

32 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

The people wont forget this fiasco and the only reason the Tories got in was the Brexit vote and that hasn't worked out to what was promised even on here the people have changed there mind about the BJ to what he promised i think it will be a lot closer next time 

I don't see it being close, Covid has played havoc with what can and can't be done over the last 18 months,  and the only thing Labour has done is ask for longer Furlough or more restrictions,  then made some noise about parties at number 10.

I don't have an issue with parties at number 10, not if they were all people who worked together and they were in the garden,  it's plain stupid to have done it, and be photographed doing it, but I'll bet 50% of people did similar??

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

when was this photo taken ?

Boris Johnson and staff pictured with wine in Downing Street garden in May 2020

Exclusive: photograph raises fresh questions for No 10 after denial of a social event at time of Covid restrictions

The picture shows Boris and Carrie Johnson, bottles of wine and a lack of social distancing, calling into question No 10’s insistence it was a ‘work meeting’.The picture shows Boris and Carrie Johnson, bottles of wine and a lack of social distancing, calling into question No 10’s insistence that a ‘work meeting’ was under way.

Sun 19 Dec 2021 18.37 GMT

•  
  •  
  •  

Boris Johnson has been pictured with wine and cheese alongside his wife and up to 17 staff in the Downing Street garden during lockdown, raising questions over No 10’s insistence a “work meeting” was taking place.

The photograph was shared with the Guardian following No 10’s denial last week that there was a social event on Friday 15 May 2020 including wine, spirits and pizza inside and outside the building. Johnson’s spokesman said Downing Street staff were working in the garden in the afternoon and evening.

However, the picture raises questions over that assertion. Bottles of wine are in evidence, there is a lack of social distancing and 19 people are gathered in groups across the Downing Street terrace and lawn.

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

but I'll bet 50% of people did similar??

I'm sure your right, however, it's the hypocrisy of the people setting the rules, forcing it on those who might disagree and worse still, those who died alone and their families not allowed to see them. While they flouted the very rules they set. 

38 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm sure your right, however, it's the hypocrisy of the people setting the rules, forcing it on those who might disagree and worse still, those who died alone and their families not allowed to see them. While they flouted the very rules they set. 

I did a search thinking I'm  sure the rules were relaxed around that time as we had a party for my lad, but that was this year not 2020, I started looking and then didn't bother. 

The people taking the flak are pictured outside,  sat talking,  it's really a non story to me, unless there are more pictures of them dancing and doing the Congo.

2 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

They look fairly well distanced in fresh summer air to me - and the chats could well have been business related.

My thoughts and feelings too.

Look at all participants, except for bo n caz, they are all over a meter apart and outdoors.

( just seen the twin kneeling in the grass, same bubble?)

Nice summers day is prob better than conducting business inside- Cheese n wine I hear you say, when I worked for the NHS, it was this and more, all paid for by the tax payer too.

13 minutes ago, Mice! said:

The people taking the flak are pictured outside,  sat talking,  it's really a non story to me,

Thats exactly what it is , a story being milked for any dirt labour and their fawning media allies can get from it.

Im not massively impressed with the cautious way the tories have dealt with the pandemic, but the populations health are not my responsibility, its theirs, and if they believed caution was the way, then so be it.

The alternative was Starmer and labour , and if anyone thinks they would have done better, then covid has made you mentally ill.