Boris ...is he a dead man walking.

TRINITY

To answer the original question yes is the answer.  I am sure Cummings has more on him if he doesn't go this time, drip drip drip.  I don't think he has much chance to survive this TBH, totally disrespectful to the whole country and it seems the majority of the country want him gone if the 2 Polls I have seen today are accurate.  56% & 66%  want him gone.

Edited by Weihrauch17

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnston has done this his whole life from the Bullingdon days at Oxford to now.

He is a brilliant communicator and knows it. In turn, he does whatever he wants, with zero regard for consequences, and the upmost confidence that should he be caught he can talk his way out of it!

His whole life he has pushed his luck, and for the most of it, gotten away with it. But as an old man once told me, if you keep sticking your neck out eventually someone will cut it off!!

Nearly everyone I know, in Lockdown no.1, stuck to the rules and treated the situation very seriously. I remember watching Governmental announcements and thinking this is like living through a war! To find out at the same time No.10 was holding a party not only undermines our efforts in history but makes us citizens, which treated it as our duty to follow these orders, look like absolute mugs!

6 hours ago, zipdog said:

Johnston has done this his whole life from the Bullingdon days at Oxford to now.

He is a brilliant communicator and knows it. In turn, he does whatever he wants, with zero regard for consequences, and the upmost confidence that should he be caught he can talk his way out of it!

His whole life he has pushed his luck, and for the most of it, gotten away with it. But as an old man once told me, if you keep sticking your neck out eventually someone will cut it off!!

Nearly everyone I know, in Lockdown no.1, stuck to the rules and treated the situation very seriously. I remember watching Governmental announcements and thinking this is like living through a war! To find out at the same time No.10 was holding a party not only undermines our efforts in history but makes us citizens, which treated it as our duty to follow these orders, look like absolute mugs

Good post.  :good:

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

They said stay at home, most folk got paid for it, and it definitely impacted a small percentage. I wouldn't exactly call it draconian.

And when I saw you'd commented I expected something insightful?

The rules were brought in because average Joe public couldn't use common sense and not go out in their thousands on things like mothers day when we were being told hundreds of thousands could die.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, someone has obviously held on to these images for some time, images of people who work together in the garden,  unless there are more that I've missed, topless pictures of Boris with his tie on his head doing the conga?

By law, you weren't allowed out of your house. Good reason or not, that is draconian, I can't think of a more severe order our government could give to innocent citizens outside of a war. 

7 hours ago, zipdog said:

Nearly everyone I know, in Lockdown no.1, stuck to the rules and treated the situation very seriously. I remember watching Governmental announcements and thinking this is like living through a war! To find out at the same time No.10 was holding a party not only undermines our efforts in history but makes us citizens, which treated it as our duty to follow these orders, look like absolute mugs!

This , and it's a very bitter pill to swallow.

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

By law, you weren't allowed out of your house. Good reason or not, that is draconian, I can't think of a more severe order our government could give to innocent citizens outside of a war. 

Yes you were, I worked throughout as did others, you could take exercise,  but the government did what they felt was needed at the time. 

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Interesting to see both Labour, Lib Dem and SNP figure heads demanding he resign immediately!

PMQs will be interesting today, I suspect he will quickly answer the question from the other bench and then get on with business.

Just having a brew watching BBC 1, Angela Rayner was asked repeatedly if Labour would call for Boris to resign or be sacked, she answered everything but the question,  untenable being her favourite word it seemed.

According to the presenter Lib dem, SNP and Blackford said he should resign yesterday but Labour dither as usual,  but they don't want to benefit from the situation???

The ordinary people saying what they couldn't do at the time and how it effected them came across far more realistic and powerful than AR, and she's the deputy leader?

I wonder what I'll wake up to later? If Boris says yes there were drinks in the garden, sorry will that be it?? Interesting day ahead.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

she answered everything but the question

ALL politicians are completely programmed NEVER to give a direct straightforward answer.  If you asked one if he/she prefers tea or coffee - you would get a long answer - and still not know which is preferred!

5 minutes ago, Mice! said:

untenable being her favourite word it seemed.

Rather long and polite for her!  Mind you she is acting as Starmer's stand in.

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

ALL politicians are completely programmed NEVER to give a direct straightforward answer.  If you asked one if he/she prefers tea or coffee - you would get a long answer - and still not know which is preferred!

Rather long and polite for her!  Mind you she is acting as Starmer's stand in.

It wouldn't have been difficult for her to say, yes if he was at the party then he should resign,  rather than beating round the bushes, but it clearly was.

I saw her shouting in the commons briefly the other day, I'm sure there will be more of it later.

And they'd probably ask for toast 😄

If indeed there was a party, of which there seems little doubt, and Boris was there, then he deserves all that he gets really,,simply for being naive. If he goes however, then logic dictates each minister or government representative has to go also. 

Politics is a dirty game, and you don’t get to the top without making enemies, so just for being staggeringly naive believing that it would never come to light, is good enough reason for them to go. 
I expect all the underhanded, backstabbing, lies and deceit, because that’s what politicians do, but I don’t expect them to be naive. You don’t want someone that naive making policies that effect our dealings with other countries, you want someone who is prepared to lie and cheat to get what is best for us. 

F6329F5A-87FD-4BC5-BC65-A721E36A4F52.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Mice! said:

ust having a brew watching BBC 1, Angela Rayner was asked repeatedly if Labour would call for Boris to resign or be sacked, she answered everything but the question,  untenable being her favourite word it seemed.

Perhaps she's been reigned in and now has to allow her boss the 'money shot' ...

38 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Yes you were, I worked throughout as did others, you could take exercise,  but the government did what they felt was needed at the time. 

Just having a brew watching BBC 1, Angela Rayner was asked repeatedly if Labour would call for Boris to resign or be sacked, she answered everything but the question,  untenable being her favourite word it seemed.

According to the presenter Lib dem, SNP and Blackford said he should resign yesterday but Labour dither as usual,  but they don't want to benefit from the situation???

The ordinary people saying what they couldn't do at the time and how it effected them came across far more realistic and powerful than AR, and she's the deputy leader?

I wonder what I'll wake up to later? If Boris says yes there were drinks in the garden, sorry will that be it?? Interesting day ahead.

You can twist it however you want but there were severe restrictions placed on peoples lives, as I've already mentioned. For the government who imposed those restrictions to them ignore there own rules is beyond hypocrisy and in my opinion anyone who is unconcerned about that should have a good think about the implications of that. 

From reading between the lines, it obvious there are several leadership wannabes ready to go. However the reason they may hold back is that it's a really bad time to take over. They will want to hit the ground running and get a good start. However there are serious problems in the short term and they will want to get past those before they take over. 

However I really cant see Boris staying , if he hangs on he will have no credibility or authority. 

12 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Personally I’d still vote Tory with Rishi at the helm.

He’s bright enough, and doesn’t have a ‘sleaze’ tag … although he’d perhaps need a sabbatical in real life to understand how normal people have to live!

as long as he knows how to eat a bacon sandwich with brown sauce on it in public ...he will be just fine ...:good: